London v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

London v Wakefield

Post by GeoffN »

London 72 wakefield 8

:conf:

robjoenz

Re: London v Wakefield

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
London 72 wakefield 8

:conf:
Shows that we have an open league doesn't it (unless it's just early season blues). Bradford start off poorly, we always do, Widnes had a decent start, as did Wakefield and now London are off to flier at the expense of Wakefield (and Warrington on the first day). It's exciting stuff, lets hope it can stay like this all the way through.

Two teams going down this year will provide a little excitement in the bottom half as Leigh look set to be another Halifax. It's a shame Whitehaven didn't come up last season, their defence is a lot tighter than Leighs, they defend similar to Wigan with a few men in the tackle. The only way I can see Leigh winning is if they manage to put 50 past somebody and hope their opponents make a lot of errors going forward because they really are made to look NL2 standard.
Southern Warrior

Post by Southern Warrior »

:exc: I would love to see leigh stay up but i think they are doomed to fail. last night they had no ball and when they had the ball there was no control there. So they are going down and Widnes could follow if they are not careful
WIGAN RUNS THOURGH MY VEINS
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Southern Warrior posted:
:exc: I would love to see leigh stay up but i think they are doomed to fail. last night they had no ball and when they had the ball there was no control there. So they are going down and Widnes could follow if they are not careful
With 1 win in 3 are we not also down there battling for 2nd relegation spot? :o I trust things will change before the end of the season but with the way the league's going this year, I'm a bit less certain about anything.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Southern Warrior

Wigan will be fine, Friday was a blimp we played some good footie and the defense was solid until the last quarter of the game. Dennis will get the situation under control and top six will be with in our grasp!!!.................... :cool: BRING ON THE STAINS ON GOOD FRIDAY :cool: :exc: :exc: :exc:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Southern Warrior posted:
Wigan will be fine, Friday was a blimp we played some good footie and the defense was solid until the last quarter of the game.
I'd rather Friday was a blip than a large air balloon :wink: , but there's a little bit of a worry. Was Wakefield also a blip, and the rather gutless friendly at Salford? Even the victory against Salford on the opening night was hardly sparkling. We've got a lot of work to do yet, and Widnes won't make it easy next weekend. Infact, they'll be really trying to rub it in given the amount of ex-Wigan interest in that team.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Southern Warrior

Lets be fair, yes we have had a bad start, some dodgy looking games.......BUT there is a lot of promise Moran is starting to get used to Wigan, Guisse will take a couple of games...Scunny Dallas Carney all set to boost our sides when fully fit so lets sit back let Mr Betts do his job and do wot Wigan Fans are good at backing our side.........Hey after all we are WIGAN and not the RIF RAFF from down the road near scousy land :lol1: :lol1:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Southern Warrior posted:
Scully Carney all set to boost our sides when fully fit
I seem to remember we all said that last year. I sometimes wonder if Sculthorpe will ever be fully fit for more than a couple of games, he's not quite rivalling Nigel Wright in the injury stakes yet but give him time.

[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
Southern Warrior posted:
Scully Carney all set to boost our sides when fully fit
I seem to remember we all said that last year. I sometimes wonder if Sculthorpe will ever be fully fit for more than a couple of games, he's not quite rivalling Nigel Wright in the injury stakes yet but give him time.
Yes i agree he is the best prop we have and potentially a World Class player. Good thing with props they get better with time. He needs a bit of luck with injuries and he will be ok.
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

The last couple of seasons Good Friday has seemed to be our turning point. I just hope this applies this season.