SACK SW NOW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kol

SACK SW NOW

Post by Kol »

WHY THE HELL DID HE NOT PICK PAT RICHARDS TO FB??????

WHY PICK A NOVICE TO TAKE SAMS PLACE????

YOU CANT BLAME THE KID YOU MUST BLAME THE COACH FOR SUCH A DUMB DECISION!!!
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
upandunder1

Re: SACK SW NOW

Post by upandunder1 »

Hang on a minute!! Thats a bit quick!! Would you be asking for him to be sacked if murphy had caught the ball and gone the length of the field??
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

It is easy with hindsight!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

im gutted that we lost in the way we did but you cant take anything away from the team in the second half, a couple of decisions went against us but sinfield out kicked us all game, murphy was an obvious target, would sam have done any better???????

as for sack SW are you mad, he's got the best of wigan at heart its up to the players to deliver, and in the first half they didn't, so how is SW to blame.

im furious that we missed out but lets face it the team who took the chance won the game.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kol wrote: WHY THE HELL DID HE NOT PICK PAT RICHARDS TO FB??????

WHY PICK A NOVICE TO TAKE SAMS PLACE????

YOU CANT BLAME THE KID YOU MUST BLAME THE COACH FOR SUCH A DUMB DECISION!!!
Get a grip, you knee jerk idiot!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well hindsight is a wonderful thing but when Tommy was out injured earlier in the season some of us wanted Sam moved to 6 and Murphy to play full back.

Had that happened Murphy might have been better preprepared to play this game. As it happened we ended up with no suitable replacement for Sam.

Had Wane done this instead of playing Lockers at 6 we may have even done better in the cup semi final as well.

As it is Leeds have been fortunate to play us with a key player missing in a semi final when Wane's solution to the problem was exposed as inadequate both times.

IMO Wane has been out-coached twice by McDermott who knows how to get his side to beat Wigan (regardless of how Wane dealt with the losses of Tommy and Sam).

Saying sack Wane is I am sure a gut reaction from you and he won't be sacked but I have to say I think I can count about two games since the exiles game where Wane's coaching worked for us (playing Lockers at hooker for example) but overall the way he has handled the side since that game has been disappointing.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

We should have had a penalty in the dying seconds of the game, Goulding was held down and none of the officials had the bottle to give it.

Had we been awarded the penalty and Pat have slotted it over for a 14-13 win would you be saying the same?

First half performance cost us again in a vital match.
exiled

Post by exiled »

Sack SW, mmmmmmmmmmm?

We have been the most consistent team all season and in his first season that is no mean feat.

First half no 50 50 decisions went Wigan's way, second half Silverwood tried to even it up, then, a CRUCIAL decision went Leeds way, ok, Wigan didn't play too well in the first half, but, I think over all this season it has been a pretty successful season.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

The whole team were sh**e in the first half, second half came somewhere near what we can do, at end of the day 5 tackles up the middle and a poor kick will not win us anything, once again super league top scorer never seen an attacking ball

But to say sack shaun wane are you mental?????? give your head a wobble
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I will say it again hindsight is a wonderful thing, we can talk all day about players positions, tactics, referees, etc. after the game or games, but before a game a coach makes decisions that he thinks are the best for the team and club including us fans because his decisions are made to WIN games. He will get it right sometimes and wrong sometimes, but once the players are out on the pitch to a certain extent he is redundant, in my opinion we didn't perform as well as we can and Leeds played well, yet again they beat us by 1 point though, that for me says it all, the players need to accept responsibility for an under par performance and that is why we lost. Effort as always but execution lacking at important times.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett