Ganson!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Ganson!

Post by mrs_carney »

everybody knows linesmen are blind and only know the signal for the ball being knocked out
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I was once told that referees tell their touch judges before the game what to flag for and what not to flag for. I sometimes think that refs are too arrogant to go to their touch judges thinking they can do the job themselves.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

So basically they flag for nothing and leave the ref to usually do a crap job
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

And with no Russell Smith in the country, I dont think there is one ref I would trust to do well and rule fairly.
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

But Ganson doesn't even have the sense to listen to the crowd! There were 13,000 people informing him (politely) that he'd made a mistake...
(the other 111 were the Bulls fans who couldn't see from the far end of the ground)
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

its because hes a bent scouse "person"
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Ganson could have been bad because of the reaction from the fans all that booing could have been the reason Ganson went off on one like he did. I think he was angrey because the Wigan fans dont like him so he decided to take it out on the team. :( Is having the 14th man all the time such a good idea ???

Im only going off what my mum has said here, a very opinionated lady lol :)
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

why is it that the ref only one sided when a team loses?lets be honest we were beaten because we cant play for 80 minutes.Lets leave its ALWAYS the refs fault to ASPINALL in the post[and we all know why he does it :butb:
heydude

Post by heydude »

i think ganson always been a bit dodgy with decisions ask any leeds fan about it i think season 2003 where he made some awful decisions but with a shortage of top grade referees(if that's what you can call them) russell smith in australia (and rumour has it not coming back) and cummings retired (and on the sick) who do you look to. hate to say (damn do i hate to say it give me a moment) I AGREEE WITH IAN MILLWARD (AAAAARRRRGGHHH) sorry that was hard to say,something has to be looked at with the referees and i can't see what's wrong with SL coaches meeting with the referees to clarify how their interpret the rules.
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

oldtimer posted:
why is it that the ref only one sided when a team loses?lets be honest we were beaten because we cant play for 80 minutes.Lets leave its ALWAYS the refs fault to ASPINALL in the post[and we all know why he does it :butb:
I agree, that was our main downfall. In the first half some dodgy decision were given against us but we were still winning, same goes for the second half, in our opinion some decisions should not have been given but the fact is we did not play for the 80 minutes.
Being honest, I hate all referees win or lose.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!