George Carmont

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

George Carmont

Post by josie andrews »

Don't know how true this is, but was told yesterday that George had signed a 12 month contract with a NRL team :exc:

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Re: George Carmont

Post by markill »

now Josie, you know this should go in the rumour mill. If he has, i hope its for loads of money and he barely plays so he still can walk a bit in his older years. good luck to him!!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:now Josie, you know this should go in the rumour mill. If he has, i hope its for loads of money and he barely plays so he still can walk a bit in his older years. good luck to him!!
I'm sorry Mark, thought I had put it in the Rumour Mill :blush: :doz:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

If George has signed for a NRL team I can only imagine it being the NZ Warriors as he said that his plans were to go back home.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

100% Warrior wrote:If George has signed for a NRL team I can only imagine it being the NZ Warriors as he said that his plans were to go back home.
That's what I said too :)
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

josie andrews wrote:
100% Warrior wrote:If George has signed for a NRL team I can only imagine it being the NZ Warriors as he said that his plans were to go back home.
That's what I said too :)
Great minds :wink:
markill

Post by markill »

the mole bloke from RLW has tweeted it - that means its a pretty solid rumour, this bloke doesn't get many wrong. He even included the @NZ_warriors official account in his tweet, which I doubt he would do if he was off the mark.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

So this is maybe why George was adamant that he wouldnt continue at Wigan for another season.
Nothing down to his age or fitness, just the fact that he had a contract back home.
I am dissapointed as there seems to be fuel left in his tank yet he chose to burn it elsewhere, but still happy for the bloke as he is content that he is returning home with his family.

Bon Voyage George, and thanks for the fond memories of an excellent centre and gentleman.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I don't think it's the fact that he 'had enough' in England with his playing side but the fact it, in his own mind, was wrong to keep his family and young kids over here for another year. It makes sense signing for an NRL side down under at least he is home and another bucket of cash before he actually retires.

Good luck to him.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

ancientnloyal wrote:I don't think it's the fact that he 'had enough' in England with his playing side but the fact it, in his own mind, was wrong to keep his family and young kids over here for another year. It makes sense signing for an NRL side down under at least he is home and another bucket of cash before he actually retires.

Good luck to him.
This (a hundred times over)

Wish George a true gentleman and his family nothing but the best .

Thanks George .
2002 and EW is hooked