Who will replace Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Who will replace Faz

Post by mrs_carney »

Daily express reports wigan want morley
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Who doesn't? You can bet Hetherington & Caisley will find the money for him from somewhere, salary cap or not
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Morely, Seu Seu and Newton in the pack???

Anyone not see a slight problem with discipline with that? Sculthorpe is catching them up on short fuse front as well.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Morely, Seu Seu and Newton in the pack???

Anyone not see a slight problem with discipline with that? Sculthorpe is catching them up on short fuse front as well.

DAVEO

We have missed aggressive players for a while in the pack. We are not dominante enough up front who do you want in there Mary Whithouse, Ghandi. All teams have discipline problem yet you would rather see Morley go to another club than us sign him just because we might have a discipline problem.

Seu Seu i do not belief has been binned yet has he this season?

Newton has curb his problem slightly.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

We are giving away too many penalties from players in the pack IMO. They don't need to be binned to give away penalties.

Criag Smith was agressive but didn't give a lot away. Past players like Platt could make the yards without being on a short fuse.

I think we are in danger of going from one extreme to the other.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well exactly. Having aggression does not necessarily make you a good player. Yes it does seem true that the forwards in the game are the ones that have discipline problems but that does not mean that they are better than those without. There are forwards that make good yards by going in hard but not dirtily, personally think Yeaman and even Higham are good examples.
It's not really aggression as such that we need, it's bulk. If a forward can knock the opposition out of the way with no effort then isn't that the type we should be going for.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Hi DaveO - good to see you haven't let the Faz thread die. Never know it may still be around at the end of the season :D .

Contract on the table for Faz is for 3 years to take him into the next world cup. That is a year longer than we are prepared to give.

Quick question to stimulate the conversation for those who still think Faz should see out his contract!

If Faz's knee injury is bad enough that he couldn't play RL again. Wouldn't following the logic of some replies on this thread mean we will continue to pay him - in full for the next 2 years. This will count against the salary cap, and mean about 10% of our yearly wage bill is gone on a non playing person. Where is the possible sense in that decision?

Take the £400k and buy out somebody's contract or plan for next year's team. He is already missing 4 months so no real problem, as our season will be more or less determined by then anyway.

Don't worry DaveO I'm prepared for your reply - been to the toilet already :D :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

gab0512 posted:
Quick question to stimulate the conversation for those who still think Faz should see out his contract!

If Faz's knee injury is bad enough that he couldn't play RL again. Wouldn't following the logic of some replies on this thread mean we will continue to pay him - in full for the next 2 years.
I've posted elsewhere but the story's on www.wigantoday.net, Faz is apparently back in training with the team so presumably there's no issue of the injury being bad enough that he couldn't play again (unless he does a Davico, in which case he's no good to anyone in either code).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gab0512 posted:
Hi DaveO - good to see you haven't let the Faz thread die. Never know it may still be around at the end of the season :D .
Do I get a prize if it is? No need to answer...
Contract on the table for Faz is for 3 years to take him into the next world cup. That is a year longer than we are prepared to give.
It's longer than his current deal but I think he'd get another easily enough in RL probably from Wigan. If Wigan wanted to keep him they could even offer him a contract extension to match.

If Faz's knee injury is bad enough that he couldn't play RL again. Wouldn't following the logic of some replies on this thread mean we will continue to pay him - in full for the next 2 years. This will count against the salary cap, and mean about 10% of our yearly wage bill is gone on a non playing person. Where is the possible sense in that decision?
He has apparently resumed training with the Wigan squad. If he isn't up to RL the RFU won't buy him once the medical is done and yes we wold have to pay him. That is the risk you take if you offer players long term contracts.
Take the £400k and buy out somebody's contract or plan for next year's team. He is already missing 4 months so no real problem, as our season will be more or less determined by then anyway.
They won't give Wigan £400K if he is crocked so its a moot point.
Don't worry DaveO I'm prepared for your reply - been to the toilet already :D :D
Well I hope you washed your hands before coming on here!

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Thanks to a post on RLFANS From the WEP

Andy Farrell has been given until the end of the week to tie up a move to saracens - or the deal will be scrapped.
Wigan owner Dave Whelan has issued a deadline of Friday for the switch to be completed or he will "pull the rug" on the deal.
Farrell, 29, has been locked in talks with Wigan, the Rugby Football Union and Saracens over the last three weeks to try and fix up his cross-code move.
And now he has been told to complete the switch or forget it. Whelan told the Observer, "we've given the RFU a deadline.
"The RFU are notorious for letting things like this drag on.
"It's been going on for more than two weeks now and still nothing has come to a head.
"If by the end of the week a decision has not been made one way or the other, we will pull the rug on the deal, it's as simple as that."

About time the club sorted it out!

Dave