Sculthorpe Offload Ban!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lancaster Rugby

Sculthorpe Offload Ban!

Post by Lancaster Rugby »

Why does Danny insist on coughing up possession in our half of the field?
Is it me, or does he need to be told to keep hold until in the opposition territory?
May have worked at Rochdale, but he's in a different league now and needs to play accordingly - he's no Barry McDermott!!
The only way is up....!
king carney

Re: Sculthorpe Offload Ban!

Post by king carney »

ok we cough up possesion but if one of those go's right we get more yards or even a line break its what he is good at and what makes him out to be one of the most highly rated attacking props in the superleague. maybe not a ban but a few less???
heydude

Re: Sculthorpe Offload Ban...

Post by heydude »

if we had a better second phase like the australians do it would not be so costly for us.
don't eat yellow snow
ChrisA

Re: Sculthorpe Offload Ban!

Post by ChrisA »

Lancaster Rugby posted:
Is it me, or does he need to be told to keep hold until in the opposition territory?
May have worked at Rochdale, but he's in a different league now and needs to play accordingly - he's no Barry McDermott!!
No hes a better ball player than Barrie is, much better. Hving watched Danny grow up playing for waterhead arlfc, I can tell you that if he had the pace he could play stand off quite easily, jis qualities with the ball are of half back standard, and just because hes had 1 bad game, that is no reason to start puttin th guy down. I for one am quite happy to let him play his normal game.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If it wasnt for his "crazy" offloading we weouldnt have scored some of the great tries we had, a prop with only go forward is boring we need one like danny
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

I don't put this down to Scully, but the other 12 who are not following him knowing what he is going to do. Some of his offloads are quite sublime, and the rest of team should ensure they are in the right place for when he does.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

true if they know his talent they should build on it
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

ChrisA posted:
Lancaster Rugby posted:
No hes a better ball player than Barrie is, much better. Hving watched Danny grow up playing for waterhead arlfc, I can tell you that if he had the pace he could play stand off quite easily, jis qualities with the ball are of half back standard, and just because hes had 1 bad game, that is no reason to start puttin th guy down. I for one am quite happy to let him play his normal game.
spot on!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

proud_pie_eater posted:
ChrisA posted:
Lancaster Rugby posted:
spot on!
Even his brother admits Danny has the better hands of the 2. Sculthorpe needs support and it seems they are not up to his pace and also it will take time for Moran to get used to this, as there are no prop in SL with his handling ability.

If he stays fit he is the best prop in Super League.
What are people going to complain about next Carney too quick he must slow down for the rest to catch up.

Newton is the key for Sculthorpe if he supports him close then that can cause mayhem at times.
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Spot on The Gimble. We should not be asking him to play to the others weaknesses, we should demand the others play to his strengths