Hock to stay

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Hock to stay

Post by josie andrews »

GARETH Hock today appeared increasingly likely to be staying at Wigan.

Parramatta’s pursuit of the blockbusting forward is thought to have stumbled after they failed to offer the Warriors a satisfactory transfer fee.

Hock has four years remaining on his contract and chairman Ian Lenagan was not prepared to let one of the club’s star players slip from their grasp without suitable compensation.

Parramatta had confirmed they were interested in the 29-year-old.

But sources Down Under say the Eels’ valuation of him is substantially lower than Wigan’s, suggesting Hock is likely to stay at his hometown club next season unless they table a much bigger offer.

Rumours he could be swapped for Eels centre Willie Tonga were understood to be wide of the mark.

Hock is thought to be keen to test himself in the NRL after a strong season in which he reclaimed his England spot and earned selection in the Super League Dream Team.

He would not be drawn on speculation after Test duty on Sunday, saying: “We’ll see what happens.”

Wigan received £250,000 from Saracens when Joel Tomkins departed a year ago. But they have also paid transfer fees themselves for all of their last three recruits, Matty Smith (Salford) and Hull KR pair Scott Taylor and Blake Green.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-5123075
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Hock to stay

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Has this not already been posted in the hock section Josie ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

May need to stay in the rumour section as there are still rumblings that although the Eels move has stalled that Hock may still be on his way to another NRL team or even another team over here.

Guess it's still a case of watch this space ...
thomo

Post by thomo »

who can afford him over here?

Pure specualation but he will be on good money and not many of the top clubs have that spare in their salary cap.

Unless he signs cheap for 2013 and big money in future years
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Has this not already been posted in the hock section Josie ?
Yes, but I think it is a bit more official now even tho' its the Post but Phil Wilkinson is 'usually' right.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bendy hendy 5

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

If its true, and he did indeed want to go to 'test himself' in the NRL then im not sure i want him playing for Wigan. Doesnt come accros as being very LOYAL to me. Again just assuming its true, that he did want to go.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

bendy hendy 5 wrote:If its true, and he did indeed want to go to 'test himself' in the NRL then im not sure i want him playing for Wigan. Doesnt come accros as being very LOYAL to me. Again just assuming its true, that he did want to go.
He was not the one doing the pushing
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:
bendy hendy 5 wrote:If its true, and he did indeed want to go to 'test himself' in the NRL then im not sure i want him playing for Wigan. Doesnt come accros as being very LOYAL to me. Again just assuming its true, that he did want to go.
And I really wouldn't expect it to affect his commmitment level on the pitch. Would you?

CP - on the shirt number thing, who pushed that? Does the club allocate these or the coaching staff? Or do the players have a say? It seems over recent years the coaches have picked them based on what they expect the line up to be going forward as we've had more changes in squad number than in playing staff 09-12 seasons
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

markill wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
And I really wouldn't expect it to affect his commmitment level on the pitch. Would you?

CP - on the shirt number thing, who pushed that? Does the club allocate these or the coaching staff? Or do the players have a say? It seems over recent years the coaches have picked them based on what they expect the line up to be going forward as we've had more changes in squad number than in playing staff 09-12 seasons
Have I missed something here? What shirt number thing? Can't see any shirt number thing mentioned earlier in the thread??
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

HGWarrior wrote:
Have I missed something here? What shirt number thing? Can't see any shirt number thing mentioned earlier in the thread??
Says on the other thread that he has lost his squad number to Liam Farrell. I'm curious to know where this info has come from since squad numbers are only usually released before Christmas to sell new shirts!