South stand made all ticket

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

South stand made all ticket

Post by Mike »

Just on the clubs official site it news that they have decided to make the South Stand all ticket from now on:

From http://www.wiganrl.com/news_full.asp?newsid=1092
Speaking about the decision, Warriors Marketing Director Simon Collinson said,

"During the latter games of 2004 and the recent matches against Salford and Bradford, the South Stand reached its capacity within 30 minutes of opening the turnstiles. With record season ticket sales and unprecedented demand for tickets in the South Stand on a match-by-match basis, we have therefore taken the decision to make the next three home games all ticket in the South Stand. We urge any supporters wishing to watch one of these mouth watering ties from the South Stand to pre-purchase their tickets as there will be no cash entry on the turnstiles on the day of these games. Tickets for the East, West and North Stand's will still be available on the day."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
proud_pie_eater

Re: South stand made all ticke...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

It just goes to show how many people are coming out in force to watch the team this year, I think its brilliant!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

youve not been able to pay on the door for over a year I think. All we need now is for the east stand to be filled which it is being done.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
MrsLam

Re: South stand made all t...

Post by MrsLam »

Not good for me personally. We've all got season tickets except my mum because we just can't afford it, which means her not being able to get in the stand if we run out of space. I know it's good for the club to get more fans bla bla bla and there's nothing that can be done but at the same time on a personal level it winds me up because I know that I always end up stuck near little teenagers that want to illegally drink or throw pieces of paper at the opposition or Max...and I know that those people are not real fans but are just taking up room that my mum (a real fan) could have.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
proud_pie_eater

Re: South stand made all t...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

yes but you can buy a ticket before hand! Thats what my mum is doing every week, buying a ticket for the game and picking it up on the night!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
elizwigan

Post by elizwigan »

i think it shows that we r havin many people cumin 2 watch wigan however like mrs lam we have probs 2 :(
Eliz likes sum1 special

RIP Mike Gregory