am i paranoid or not

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: i am paranoid or not

Post by heydude »

Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
ok your saying about now but out of the big four leeds,saints,bradford,wigan who has the least trophies in the super league era.
There haven't been that many trophies to be won! Yes, one league title and one Challenge Cup in 7 years isn't good, but this isn't the same sport as before Super League. They're all professional clubs now, and more tellingly they're all working within salary cap limits. Wigan always spent big money, we've been seriously constrained by this whereas other clubs weren't so restricted in the first place so it's been easier for them to adapt to the limits.

Things seem to be going in cycles. Skints had success for a couple of years, now they're off the boil. Bradford had a couple of good seasons, they're not really there this year. Leeds seem to be the current form team, who's to say it won't be us next? If it were just one team winning all the time then there would be more rules to try and break that team's monopoly. It happens in other sports, Formula 1 is constantly altering itself to try and break the Schumacher / Ferrari monopoly on victory because they realise that having a single team winning isn't a very attractive prospect for anyone not supporting that one team!
first of all wigan wasn't winning trophies even before the introduction of the salary cap and when we had allowances on the salary cap we could only win the challenge cup,i agree it might come back round to us with success but it could be hull's turn then wakefield,but with so much going in the club (like with farrell and changing coaches every two years) it's getting hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Point taken about the monopoly business it is not good for the sport (but secretly fans of the team don't mind really do they) (in trouble now aren't I with proud_pie_eater)
don't eat yellow snow
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Everybody wants their team to win - in every game. Theoretically the more games you win, the more trophies you win.

I think that one thing you should remember is that since super league was introduced there have been less trophies up for grabs. Apart from the league and CC there was the Regal trophy and Premiership trophy (which was the equivalent of the play offs at the end of the season for a different trophy).

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
heydude

Post by heydude »

Matthew posted:
Everybody wants their team to win - in every game. Theoretically the more games you win, the more trophies you win.

I think that one thing you should remember is that since super league was introduced there have been less trophies up for grabs. Apart from the league and CC there was the Regal trophy and Premiership trophy (which was the equivalent of the play offs at the end of the season for a different trophy).
true there is a lot less trophies but the likes of bradford,saints and leeds have picked them up and done the double where we rarely have.
don't eat yellow snow
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I really cant be bothered arguing with you any more, a disagreement in opinion like ours could go on forever, I support the team through thick and thin, not saying you dont but I dont think it is as important to win trophies as you do, fair do's!
Now can we please bury the hatchet so that I can have time to write in other posts! :)
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I really cant be bothered arguing with you any more, a disagreement in opinion like ours could go on forever, I support the team through thick and thin, not saying you dont but I dont think it is as important to win trophies as you do, fair do's!
Now can we please bury the hatchet so that I can have time to write in other posts! :)
ok no problem just call it a difference of opinion.mean't no offence (honestly)
don't eat yellow snow
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

heydude posted:
proud_pie_eater posted:
ok no problem just call it a difference of opinion.mean't no offence (honestly)
Good good! I hope we have decent arguements in the future!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!