am i paranoid or not

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
proud_pie_eater

Re: i am paranoid or not

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I dont measure success by trophies, im not that shallow, I measure how well a team has done by the way the team has worked together, the position they finish and the individual games won or the performance they give. One game may result in a trophy but it doesnt make or break a season!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

maybe your are right but to many people out there this is what success means and to win a trophy you have to be consistent in all your games.players always want to get to the grand or challenge cup final and hold that trophy to show the work their have put in.
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I dont measure success by trophies, im not that shallow, I measure how well a team has done by the way the team has worked together, the position they finish and the individual games won or the performance they give. One game may result in a trophy but it doesnt make or break a season!
So youd rather play well and loose than play badLY and win.

WINNING IS EVERYTHING.

SO I TAKE IT WHEN YOU CAME BACK HOME FROM CARDIFF LAST MAY YOU WERE HAPPY AND ESPECIALLY COMING FROM LEEDS IN OCTOBER.

I WAS GUTTED BUT EACH TO HIS OWN.
proud_pie_eater

Yes I am gutted every time Wigan lose a game but I get over it and see the posotive aspects along with the bad. Trophies arent everything but its damn good when you do win them!
heydude

Post by heydude »

but isn't the postive aspects there to help win trophies. Isn't this why we have a competition to win a trophy and show the other teams who's best.
don't eat yellow snow
proud_pie_eater

Well if thats the only reason teams play why not just sack the league all together and just have a play offs where whoever loses gets knocked out and the eventual winers get a trophey. Simple but totaly irrational, one game a season for some clubs now that would be fun! :sly:
heydude

Post by heydude »

:lol: ok then let's have a competition where there is no trophy no 1st place and everyone gets a pink ribbon for taking part now that would be nice.
don't eat yellow snow
proud_pie_eater

oooooooo and the argument gets interesting! im not saying dont have trophies im just giving my opinion that the season is not all about winning trophies!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

heydude posted:
ok your saying about now but out of the big four leeds,saints,bradford,wigan who has the least trophies in the super league era.
There haven't been that many trophies to be won! Yes, one league title and one Challenge Cup in 7 years isn't good, but this isn't the same sport as before Super League. They're all professional clubs now, and more tellingly they're all working within salary cap limits. Wigan always spent big money, we've been seriously constrained by this whereas other clubs weren't so restricted in the first place so it's been easier for them to adapt to the limits.

Things seem to be going in cycles. Skints had success for a couple of years, now they're off the boil. Bradford had a couple of good seasons, they're not really there this year. Leeds seem to be the current form team, who's to say it won't be us next? If it were just one team winning all the time then there would be more rules to try and break that team's monopoly. It happens in other sports, Formula 1 is constantly altering itself to try and break the Schumacher / Ferrari monopoly on victory because they realise that having a single team winning isn't a very attractive prospect for anyone not supporting that one team!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
heydude

Post by heydude »

proud_pie_eater posted:
oooooooo and the argument gets interesting! im not saying dont have trophies im just giving my opinion that the season is not all about winning trophies!
:doz: ok wins here and wins there all very good but a season is all gear to that final game where surprise surprise there's a trophy.
don't eat yellow snow