2013 fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIG AL

2013 fixtures

Post by BIG AL »

Just had a look at next seasons fixtures .(who on earth compiles these )On the 10th of may theres a challenge cup fixture , should we be drawn away from home we will be away then for 6 weeks untill the 28th of june .Now i know we all play the same home and away but it cant be that hard to get a better balance than this :(
weststand-rich

Re: 2013 fixtures

Post by weststand-rich »

I think it's deliberate on our part - doesn't the pitch get relaid after the football season comes to an end
CasWigan

Post by CasWigan »

From what I understand this fixture structure is at the Warriors request, the DW stadium is usually unavailible for use in May and June due to pitch reconstruction work. DW won't let us play play on the surface until it has recovered from the football season hence a big gap in home fixtures.
I try and use this period to book any annual holidays and avoid missing home fixtures on my season ticket.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Still no excuse for Super Leagues fixtures outside June not to be on a more regular home and away basis as much as possible.
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Still no excuse for Super Leagues fixtures outside June not to be on a more regular home and away basis as much as possible.
well there is if you're making up for a string of away games requested by a club. You have to balance it out somewhere.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The alternative would be to do what Huddersfield did and play three of the home games at Leigh just as they did at Halifax.
I know which I prefer.