Re: Who would you rather have: Hock or Wane?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Onl one choice to be honest. Gew on 'ocky lad!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

:eusa16:
Wes

Post by Wes »

No player should be bigger than the club, also to keep hock over wane would bring back player power, we used to have that at our club and it wasn't at a time when we where winning.

On that Basis I'd have to say Wane over Hock.

Admittedly my argument is pro club as a whole and doesn't lead towards individual talent, read of that what you may.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Did not do to bad when Hock was banned and no player is bigger than a club.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Could not care less if they both go,we have replaced better players than Hock and better coaches than Wane and we will do so again if the situation arises.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is a stupid thread :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I agree with you Josie,it should be binned before it goes any further
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wane every day of the week.

Considering that he took over at Wigan with a depleted squad and it's his first year in charge, I reckon he's already done enough to earn a further contract.

As regards Hock, he's a great player no doubt but he doesn't seem able to stay out of bother.

Just wish Wane would do, or be allowed to do, what Graham Lowe did when Hanley and Greg decided to rock the boat. He dropped them, had their pay substantially cut and these two were the best in the English game, if not the world at the time.

Chairman needs to stick with the coach otherwise it'll end in disaster for the club.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:
Considering that he took over at Wigan with a depleted squad and it's his first year in charge, I reckon he's already done enough to earn a further contract.
You have got to be kidding. I don't know what you mean by depleted squad either. We had an excellent squad last year but it certainly didn't perform as I believe it should have and for that the buck stops with Wane. I am certain IL doesn't think he has done enough to earn a new contract.
Just wish Wane would do, or be allowed to do, what Graham Lowe did when Hanley and Greg decided to rock the boat. He dropped them, had their pay substantially cut and these two were the best in the English game, if not the world at the time.
I agree with that. This situation represents a failure of management in my eyes. The example you give was a coach at the top of his game knowing how to deal with awkward top class players. And you will always have awkward top class players from time to time. He didn't deal with it by sending them on loan.
Chairman needs to stick with the coach otherwise it'll end in disaster for the club.
Is there a suggestion he isn't? Do we know how it has got the stage it supposedly has?

Giving Faz Hock's number suggests this goes back a while and I presume Wane did that but we don't really know who is driving Hock's apparent exile, Wane or IL. If it's Wane and IL is backing his coach then it will be Wane's failure to handle Hock as well as Lowe handled Hanley and Gregory. If IL is instead interfering he isn't helping his coach at all.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IL expects a CC win AND/OR a GF win. Nothing more, nothing less.

The number change etc is separate from the latest issue.