Re: Reports

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Vaieliki played quite well i thought, he got us the ball from a short kick off which is always good, he got caught out a few times in the defense but thats because he was covering for his winger who had gone walk about.
Brown played well i think he could cope at stand off apart from the kicking element but as others have said he is surrounded by kickers.
The man in the middle as usual wasnt fair in some respects, mark smith should not have been on the pitch, at the beginning we lacked a certain spark and were slow in chasing kicks downfield running to meet players etc.
Moran had a good game, superb kick to aspy in the corner, seemed to control things better today, he was the one doing all the shouting behind the posts, not rads.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Erm, i think a lot of the time he was at first receiver if i remember rightly.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mrs_carney posted:
Vaieliki played quite well i thought, he got us the ball from a short kick off which is always good, he got caught out a few times in the defense but thats because he was covering for his winger who had gone walk about.
Brown played well i think he could cope at stand off apart from the kicking element but as others have said he is surrounded by kickers.
The man in the middle as usual wasnt fair in some respects, mark smith should not have been on the pitch, at the beginning we lacked a certain spark and were slow in chasing kicks downfield running to meet players etc.
Moran had a good game, superb kick to aspy in the corner, seemed to control things better today, he was the one doing all the shouting behind the posts, not rads.
I thought Vaealiki had a poor game, he looked as though he was getting better against Wakefield and Bradford but yesterday he didn't have a good game. He made a few tackles but there were times you just wondered, what the hell is he doing. For one Widnes try they (obviously) broke our line, he hesitated for a bit then went for the tackle and failed. On going forward he didn't seem to make many yards, having said that most of our players were just running infield opposed to at them.

Moran seems to be running the show at the moment. As someone else mentioned he was shouting at the lads behind the sticks which seemed to do the trick. As MrsCarney said his kick through for Aspinwalls try was brilliant.

Orr was looking ok before he went off injured, but again I thought Brown made more line breaks, two of which he scored tries from.

I think you're hatred for Mark Smith is coming out there MrsCarney, he wasn't that bad, just a little high on Wild not like he tried to take his head off. As usual the ref made a few dodgy decisions but they were even, some 50/50s for us, some against us, can't complain too much.

For them Cassidy and O'Conner were brilliant, they were well up for it, they made some good metres between them and Cassidys tackling was spot on. Connollys positioning was also good and he managed to find a few gaps on our wing.

I am quite impressed with Beswick so far this season too, the new lad played ok as well, a steady game for him, didn't try too hard.

Our main problem was consitancy and also keeping our calm again. We'd play well for a bit, look to be controlling and let them back in with a daft mistake or a couple of penalties. This aspect is the one that needs sorting most, also a bit of confidence will take them a long way.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i thaught moran had a cracking game. If that little chip over the top had come of that would of come of that would have been a beautiful try. I thaught vaealiki was a little quiet but he didnt make any mistakes. Jerome Guisset is settling into his role well and was making very good yards. Lammy looked like he was playing when he was behind the posts as he kept shaping a dummy to moran.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

robjoenz posted:

I think you're hatred for Mark Smith is coming out there MrsCarney, he wasn't that bad, just a little high on Wild not like he tried to take his head off. As usual the ref made a few dodgy decisions but they were even, some 50/50s for us, some against us, can't complain too much.
What hatred? i just personally think he shouldnt have been on the field if he was still in a wigan shirt he wouldnt have been
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

warrior till i die posted:
i thaught moran had a cracking game. If that little chip over the top had come of that would of come of that would have been a beautiful try.
So did I. two tries from his kicks, and a lot that nearly worked. Wish he'd succeed with one of those intercepts though. Another one that didn't stick!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

doug, i live in ireland [north] and was at the bradford game ,my next game is the giants in may and then i either intend to go to the grand final or either theleeds game or the saints game in sept. if you book early you can get flights on easy jet for around 25/30 quid ,2 quid to lime street station liverpool and then 4 quid to wigan. digs are available in the town center from about 18 quid . food and beer are cheap and you would find the locals really friendly,well manered and helpful. my e-mail addy is on my profile so if you fancy any of the above games and want someone to travel with drop me a line. i met up up with trotsky and his daughter for the bradford game and had a great time with them. they also travel from afar to games. so if you fancy going over let me know.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
doug, i live in ireland [north] and was at the bradford game ,my next game is the giants in may and then i either intend to go to the grand final or either theleeds game or the saints game in sept. if you book early you can get flights on easy jet for around 25/30 quid ,2 quid to lime street station liverpool and then 4 quid to wigan. digs are available in the town center from about 18 quid . food and beer are cheap and you would find the locals really friendly,well manered and helpful. my e-mail addy is on my profile so if you fancy any of the above games and want someone to travel with drop me a line. i met up up with trotsky and his daughter for the bradford game and had a great time with them. they also travel from afar to games. so if you fancy going over let me know.
Shows how big a game RL is now i come up from Caernarfon in North Wales about 7-10 games a season including some away.

Went to the CC final in Cardiff on the day of the game. Train was full before getting into Chester. RL is fast becoming a national sport pity the London Media do not realise this.

As at the final as saw quite of people from thew town i live at. Believe me it takes me longer to get to Cardiff than for anyone from Wigan we have a bad train line and bad old trains.

MrsLam says: Language!