Protest

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
da_duke

Protest

Post by da_duke »

On saturday at about 5 o clock there will be a protest held by both latics and warriors fans at the new gmp station near robin park. We need everyones support. Come together as a united wigan, forget the rivalry for the time being and think about the effects it will have on both clubs. o more home games. Come on we need your help.

Cheers.
Although I'm a latic, I always want u warriors to do well....
DaveO

Re: Protest

Post by DaveO »

da_duke posted:
On saturday at about 5 o clock there will be a protest held by both latics and warriors fans at the new gmp station near robin park. We need everyones support. Come together as a united wigan, forget the rivalry for the time being and think about the effects it will have on both clubs. o more home games. Come on we need your help.

Cheers.
It won't have any effect on Wigan RL.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

da_duke posted:
Come on we need your help.
Finally they admit it.

I'll be doing no protesting, I'll be working till half 5 then going home to watch the rugby. Can I just remind you that the Warriors could actually do without policing at their matches, we have very few police people around. Think about the difference between a Latics vs Leeds Utd match and a Warriors vs Leeds Rhinos match. Why should we pay for footy hooligans?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Correct, Dave & MrsLam. See today's Evening Post.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

da_duke posted:

Cheers.
Sorry but according to Latic fans on here we are moving soon. So why the hell are they draggin us into there battle.

Amazing how you need us now last week you wanted us out.

So therefore ill be at home resting and waiting for the match to start. If football fans can not behave then let them learn the hard way. Hooliganism is still at football grounds just its that the media do not potray it in the light in which it did in the 80's yes i know its not as bad.

But since sky took over there is a lot less press coverage of hooliganism wonder why.

Yeah Murdoch owns a large part of the press here and has infulence on others. Do you think that he wants bad press affecting his millions in the game.

I went to anfield for over 20 years and the atmosphere around grounds is still hostile as it was then.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Everyone will either be in London wtching the rugby or at home/pub watching the match on tele! Sorry luv!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Sad how when they need somethin they come crawling out from under their rocks!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Cleveland Pieman

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

The only reason they want warriors fans to join in their protest is so there will be some numbers there!

What is the point of a protest with only a handful of people there. A Latics protest would be as well turned out as a vegan gathering in McDonalds.

Their protest is nothing to do with the rugby team and us using the same ground.

It is their own fault..The figures show that there are more Latics fans banned under the Football Banning Regulations than almost ALL other clubs, and this includes the Premiership, not other division one ( :wink: ) sides.

Given the Latics have lower crowds than all the teams around and above them in the league structure then this does show they should pay more than other similar sized clubs.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

proud_pie_eater posted:
Everyone will either be in London wtching the rugby or at home/pub watching the match on tele! Sorry luv!
Exactly. Seems an odd time to schedule a protest if they do want us along.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

They want us to go to make us look like latics have supporters
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3