Need I say more??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Need I say more??

Post by cpwigan »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:chnwh. No wonder this site is dying a death. with comments like yours. WHAT HAS SPELLING GOT TO DO WITH HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME.Also your foul langauge is not warranted.I must be daft because I foolishly thought this site was for people to air there veiws and OWN OPINIONS. on the game.Not to be.Ridiculed over spelling in foul abusive language.I will now give my opinion.GROW UP :(
KITDF, all the moderator pointed out was that is Sam Tomkins not Tompkins. The moderator concerned never gives posters a hard time, nor do any of the moderators here. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

cpwigan wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:chnwh. No wonder this site is dying a death. with comments like yours. WHAT HAS SPELLING GOT TO DO WITH HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME.Also your foul langauge is not warranted.I must be daft because I foolishly thought this site was for people to air there veiws and OWN OPINIONS. on the game.Not to be.Ridiculed over spelling in foul abusive language.I will now give my opinion.GROW UP :(
KITDF, all the moderator pointed out was that is Sam Tomkins not Tompkins. The moderator concerned never gives posters a hard time, nor do any of the moderators here. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I think the comment was referred at the fact that I wasnt as polite as Josie who has changed my post to read f all as opposed to the stars that I originally put.

What has spelling got to do with it? Nothing you're right, but seeing as this is a Wigan board I thought it would be somewhat of a neccessity that the people commenting about the club and the players could actually spell their names right.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I for one think SW should at least get until the end of the season. Millward excepted, I have never been a fan of losing a coach mid-term.

But that brings into question, who would replace him? There are no British coaches I can get excited about so that means going down under again. We got it spot on last time but I am not naive enough to believe anyone who talks strine is up to the job. Stains are testament to that!
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

the point i'm really trying to make is if Wane hasn't got the the courage of his convictions then he's doomed to failure anyway IMHO.

I also think that great as madge was he arrived at a very good time as we had some excellent experienced players and a crop of youngster who were resdy to mature into top players. Wane on the other hand has taken over at a time when major rebuilding is needed so to compare them like for like is a bit unfair on Wane.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

sheepsteeth wrote:the point i'm really trying to make is if Wane hasn't got the the courage of his convictions then he's doomed to failure anyway IMHO.

I also think that great as madge was he arrived at a very good time as we had some excellent experienced players and a crop of youngster who were resdy to mature into top players. Wane on the other hand has taken over at a time when major rebuilding is needed so to compare them like for like is a bit unfair on Wane.
I would disagree but each to their own. Brian Noble a hugely successful British RL coach had failed to win anything at Wigan for an extended period.

Madge arrived IIRC he kept the same squad that Noble left him with, transformed the club and brought innovation. Shaun Wane coached these young players through the ranks yet he never once said Sam T will be a great FB, Madge saw it, did it.

To my mind I wanted Waney to be the next Wigan coach in order to offer continuity, in terms of knowing the players and the strategies / techniques employed by Madge.

Change should be gradual unless your club is in a desparate situation. Ours was not. Worse, the new coach seemed to like to tell the world how he was not happy with Wigan under Madge, how they played, the scores/defeats of games and seemingly wanted to tear up what Madge had given him. In many respects, Waney reminds myself of John Dorohay in the way he wants to rock the boat.

Change for changes sake, just to be different is the worst change possible.

Madge was not perfect, no coach ever was/is BUT he was way beyond Shaun Wane. Waney IMO has a season to deliver. If he does not IL will say goodbye.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Time that some people accepted that Maguire was a interim measure to bring Wane on.

Problem was, that he left earlier than planned as a result of a certain Mr Crowe offering him a contract he could hardly refuse.

The result being Wane given the job ahead of schedule and until something badly goes wrong, he has mine and I suspect the backing of the majority of supporters.

Anyone reading some of the negative comments on here would think that we still had Millward as Coach
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Problem was, that he left earlier than planned as a result of a certain Mr Crowe offering him a contract he could hardly refuse.
Nothing to do with that why he left. He left for personal reasons and would have signed for pretty much anyone as long as he was back in Australia.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

chnwh

My main point being that Leneghan brought him here for the reason I have said. As as for leaving, my information was from what I considered at the time to be a reliable source but if it was for personal reasons as you say, than I can only conclude that Maguire made it known to Australian Clubs that he wanted to go home and Mr Crowe made the highest and most lucrative offer.
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Whelley Warrior wrote:chnwh

My main point being that Leneghan brought him here for the reason I have said. As as for leaving, my information was from what I considered at the time to be a reliable source but if it was for personal reasons as you say, than I can only conclude that Maguire made it known to Australian Clubs that he wanted to go home and Mr Crowe made the highest and most lucrative offer.
Sorry. It read as though you were saying it was solely money.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Time that some people accepted that Maguire was a interim measure to bring Wane on.
Time you stopped making things up.

The idea Madge was a stop gap and having Wane as head coach was some kind of master plan is ridiculous.