SHOULDER CHARGES BANNED

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: SHOULDER CHARGES BANNED

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Sad day, just hit the idiots who exploit this tackle with a a massive ban :conf:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Silly decision IMO

If done correctly I don't think there is anything wrong with the shoulder charge. When elbows are lifted & connect with the head they are just as bad. It is bad tackling technique.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:Silly decision IMO

If done correctly I don't think there is anything wrong with the shoulder charge. When elbows are lifted & connect with the head they are just as bad. It is bad tackling technique.
Agree Josie. It's not the shoulder charge that's the problem, it's the way it's done.
markill

Post by markill »

BriH wrote:

Agree Josie. It's not the shoulder charge that's the problem, it's the way it's done.
Maybe the authorities just feel there are too many people who approach this type of tackle with a bad technique that they should ban the tackle as people are getting hurt. I mean, we've seen it already this year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I understand you Mark & agree it needs to be sorted out & players who do it wrong should be banned & fined.

Look at Thomas Leuluai, he had the best shoulder charge technique I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qw_5gd6gc
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:I understand you Mark & agree it needs to be sorted out & players who do it wrong should be banned & fined.

Look at Thomas Leuluai, he had the best shoulder charge technique I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qw_5gd6gc
Totally, Tommy was incredible at hitting guys bigger than him and because he himself was so small he rarely made dangerous contact with any type of tackle. But with players putting more emphasis on strength and size and not on skill and technique, his move has had to come unfortunately.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
exiled

Post by exiled »

That to me is not a shoulder charge, it is in fact an attempted tackle as his arms are positioned to wrap around the opponent, it is the ferocity of the hit that causes Tommy to bounce off and not have chance to wrap his arms around his opponent.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

BriH wrote:

I totally agree. Make every head shot an automatic sin Binning and the technique would improve overnight. Second offence from same player in a, game? Red card. Automatic three game ban for a red card for high shots. Six games for any ensuing offence.

Mind you, Lockers would have to improve quickly :blush:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09