Dom Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Dom Manfredi

Post by josie andrews »

Congratulations to Dom Manfredi, an U19's starlet has just been given a first team contract for 3 years.

Position: Outside Back
DOB: 1/10/93
Height: 6ft
Weight: 84kg
Amateur Club: Leigh Miners
Secondary School: St Mary's

Signed: 2010
Qualities: Strong and quick
Best Thing : Being part of a team
Worst: Marine Camps

Just signed a 3 year first team contract for the Wigan Warriors. Dream come true!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Dom Manfredi

Post by cpwigan »

Good luck to him. We certainly need some wingers coming through the ranks.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Well done Dom!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

I was on the point of asking what position 'an outside back' was, but I see that it is a winger. Guess that's progress.
E.& O.E.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Manfredi Signs First Team Contract

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that young Winger Dominic Manfredi has put pen to paper on a Two-Year First-Team Contract with the Club for Seasons 2013 and 2104 with a further option for 2015.

The 19 year old has impressed in pre-season and will now train Full-Time with the First Team Squad.

Manfredi has been with the Club since the age of 14 and has progressed through the very successful Scholarship set up.

Speaking about the signing, Head Coach Shaun Wane said;

"I have been really impressed with what I have seen in pre-season and his early performances in our Under 19's side. He is strong and quick and I know he will benefit from training full time with us. This is a great opportunity for him and I know he is really excited about joining us."

Rugby General Manager Kris Radlinski commented;

" Dom has worked really hard and gone out of his way to try and impress the Coaching Staff at the Club in pre-season and deserves this chance. He has worked hard on his game and has shown outstanding levels of commitment. Dom has already settled in quickly alongside his more recognisable team mates and is very comfortable in their company."

Dominic Manfredi added;

"I am thrilled to be given this opportunity and am really excited about the chance. I enjoyed playing in some of the pre-season games with some more experienced players and am eager to work hard and continue to improve all I can."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Well done to him. From what iv seen of him iv beed very impressed. I hope he does well for us.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

This has appeared on RedVee under "Will the Pies sign Robinson Crusoe next?"!

Took me a while until the penny dropped. Manfredi/Man Friday - quite clever!

Surprising thing is the number of people I have spoken to who don't know the story. I didn't think it was possible to go through school without reading this! :blush: