Calderwood

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Calderwood

Post by ddtftf »

I have been having an argument with my son who says it is only 4 years since Calderwood ( The centre) left Wigan. I think it is a lot longer than that, can anyone help. Ps he says Calderwood was centre when Trent Barret was here.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Calderwood

Post by Mike »

If you mean Mark Calderwood (the winger). He left at the end of 2008. I don't think he ever played as a centre (unless we had some really serious injury problems).

He scored 33 tries from 72 appearances (apparently).

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... er&o=13813
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Yes he played all his games on the wing when Barrett was here. Had a do at RU. packed in,
Now plying his trade at Workington i think he scored two trys at the weekend.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Winger for sure. IIRC, Ashton was starting to show as a promising full back.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Thank you guys, I ment winger not centre. Looks like my son was right but it seems a lot longer,it must be the start of alzimers.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan

Ashton was a glory hunter who would not pass and use Wigan as a shop window and it was always his intention get a fat contract in RU.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:cpwigan

Ashton was a glory hunter who would not pass and use Wigan as a shop window and it was always his intention get a fat contract in RU.
I sometimes think posters on this forum go away and reincarnate themselves with different logins :wink:

Good luck to Ashton and anybody else making a living playing sport.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan

Think you need to get your facts right about what happened with Ashton.
cpwigan wrote:I sometimes think posters on this forum go away and reincarnate themselves with different logins :wink:

Good luck to Ashton and anybody else making a living playing sport.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:I have been having an argument with my son who says it is only 4 years since Calderwood ( The centre) left Wigan. I think it is a lot longer than that, can anyone help. Ps he says Calderwood was centre when Trent Barret was here.
Seems longer than that as well to me.

I will always remember his tries v Bradford in the playoffs in that epic game. Barrett took the game by the scruff of the neck (changing Noble's tactics IMO) and Calderwood got more ball in one game than he did all season. I think he must have thought he was playing RU half the time.

Crashed into the advertising and put himself out of the next round.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

That is certainly the game for which he will be remembered at Wigan. Lost in on Sky+ years ago but reckon I can still quote the 2nd half commentary verbatim.

"Well, if alarm bells aren't ringing in the Bradford camp, they should be!"