I used to laugh at latics now even I'm seeing the light

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Spartak_Warrior

I used to laugh at latics now even I'm seeing the light

Post by Spartak_Warrior »

I was always one of those who took the mickey out of latics. Im now thinking that I have done them wrong. Went to the Ipswich game as a one off last week and was very surprised. Ipswich had about 2500 fans there from a crowd of 16774!!!!!. The rest were latics fans, the atmosphere was good, game was exciting, no trouble, almost as good as a rugby match. This town is changing, have to admit latics have the upper hand at the moment. Im going watching both from now on. Never thought I'd say it.
DaveO

Re: I used to laugh at latics ...

Post by DaveO »

Spartak_Warrior posted:
game was exciting
Impossible. It is soccer after all.

Dave
proud_pie_eater

Re: I used to laugh at lat...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Totaly agree Dave!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
chloe

Post by chloe »

The town is not changin it is Wigan for god sake and will always be the same, the only way i see football is in the media at the moment and that is in a negative light due to the whole police thing....that will soon blow over and things will be the same again.....Totally agree with Dave about the football and the whole crowd thing has never really interested me to tell the truth i dont care which sport brings in the crowds i go to watch it because i as an individual love that particular sport i dont go because there is the most people there....I am pleased to read that you are enjoying both of the sports this great town has to offer but i wouldnt go as far as to say one has an upper hand because there completly different sports! Keep enjoy both :)
mario

Post by mario »

Spartak_Warrior posted:
I was always one of those who took the mickey out of latics. Im now thinking that I have done them wrong. Went to the Ipswich game as a one off last week and was very surprised. Ipswich had about 2500 fans there from a crowd of 16774!!!!!. The rest were latics fans, the atmosphere was good, game was exciting, no trouble, almost as good as a rugby match. This town is changing, have to admit latics have the upper hand at the moment. Im going watching both from now on. Never thought I'd say it.
Should be a crowd of 14000 or more against Millwall then, going off that.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Spartak_Warrior posted:
So you admit to being a part time supporter then Thought true supporters watched there team through the good abd the bad times.

How many Latics games did u see in the lower division are r u like the remaing 9,000 never even knew that.

Should change your nake to.

PARTAK_WARRIOR_SUPPORTER
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

ooo the emotions are running high over here!

C'MON YOU WARRIORS!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

all the wigan fans there are glory hunters the loyal fans they had were the ones who went every week when they were in division 2
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i remember going to springfield park and there was only around 3,000 at the game .
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warrior till i die posted:
all the wigan fans there are glory hunters the loyal fans they had were the ones who went every week when they were in division 2
So are you saying that the Warriors fans that have only started watching the rugby in the last few years are not as good fans as older ones?