Paddy night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chnwh

Paddy night

Post by chnwh »

Friday is Supermans 200th Wigan apperance. IF he scores he could become a record hildet at the club.....THEREFORE. ..

Friday is Irish night. If its green then wear it and lets salute a true modern day legend

#RichardsIsSuperman
josie andrews

Re: Paddy night

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Fans Celebrate Paddy's Day

‘Paddy's Day' will come to Wigan early this Friday as Warriors fans celebrate the 200th appearance of winger Pat Richards.

The Ireland international winger will make his 200th appearance for Wigan Warriors against Catalan Dragons tomorrow night - added to that milestone if the popular talisman grabs a try it will be his 150th for the Club, a remarkable double feat.

To help celebrate his milestone, Wigan fans are being asked to don their Warriors replica's with the famous 'Richards 5' on the reverse, or any Ireland or green attire relating to Pat's country of origin.

This week Warriors Coach Shaun Wane called Pat an honorary Wiganer, praise indeed, Pat told us,

"That is good to hear coming from Mr Wigan himself. I have been here a long time, it just goes to prove how much I love the place, I just keep extending my contract every time.

"I have had no regrets at all, I have enjoyed every minute of it. The last four years the Club has really turned the corner with the success of winning trophies and as a player that is what you want.

To join the celebrations, any Warriors fan who purchase a new 2013 Warriors home replica shirt at the Stadium shop this Friday can have 'Richards 5 ' printed on the back free of charge*

A full interview with Pat can be found on Wigan TV www.wiganwarriors.com/tv and a special article on Pat's 200th appearance will feature in Friday's edition of the 'Wigan Way' matchday magazine.

*This offer is only valid on 2013 replica shirt purchases from the DW Stadium Shop on 8/3/13. No other name or number will be printed other than RICHARDS 5.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 015&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Richards reaches 200 not out

WIGAN winger Pat Richards admits he would never have envisaged making 200 appearances for Wigan when he arrived at the club back in 2006.

The Aussie will chalk-up the double ton in tonight’s home match against Catalans.

Wigan are theming the night as ‘Paddy’s Day’ to salute the 31-year-old, who landed on these shores with the intention of playing just two years at the Warriors. He said: I’ve been here a long time – my kids speak with Wigan accents! When I came, I thought I’d do two years like a lot of Aussies, but the fact I’ve stayed shows how much I like the place.

“I’ve no regrets at all about not going back to the NRL. I love the club and it’s great to be a part of the team.”

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-5477153
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote: Richards reaches 200 not out

WIGAN winger Pat Richards admits he would never have envisaged making 200 appearances for Wigan when he arrived at the club back in 2006.
Not many of us would! :eusa17:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

He's been truly magnificent for us. Will be a massive hole to fill when he hangs up his boots.

One of my favourite ever players.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

warrior49 wrote:What a truly ridiculous request...
I am sick of English folk celebrating Irishness..
"For England , Elizabeth and St George"...we should shout it from the roof tops..
Pat Richards is a legend, but I am an englishman..
Who is 'celebrating Irishness'? Tonight was Paddy's Night and it had absolutely nothing to do with an Irish saint!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Richards reaches 200 not out

Not many of us would! :eusa17:

Not even the coaches at wigan can envisage making 200 appearances... :roll: