Shw Mae

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Shw Mae

Post by DaiJones »

Ahh..back to the board after a couple of weeks absence and delighted to see we are still going round in circles on the Faz debate, at least it will have a slightly new twist to it come Friday. Best of luck to the big man, I look forward to seeing how he copes with Shane Williams and Michael Owen in next year's Six Nations!! Calderwood and Vainikolo could be off next but that's no skin off our pies.

Good to see the "welcome" return of the age old Latics v Rugby debate on the eve of its 25th anniversary (yawn) Am I the only person in Wigan who is happy to go and watch both teams and support Orrell, Wigan Wasps and anyone else from the town as well? Thought so, I must be getting soft down south.

The Aspinwall/Orr etc. are rubbish debate is superb in a long tradition of criticising perfectly good players, although since cases could be made for Martin and Danny being not quite top drawer, it simply doesn't have the class of the old "Edwards/Offiah/Betts are rubbish" conversations.They are both good players but not greats and let's face it are as good as we can a)afford and b)attract in these days of 20/20, Salary caps and professional rugby union.

A few thoughts on the season so far:-Impressed with Moran, good to see someone taking on the playmaking mantle in Faz's absence and excited to see how well he will do when he settles, he could be as good for us as he was in a much weaker Broncos team. Vaealiki looks like a combination of both the Iros which is as good and bad as it sounds but he could be a force for us. Tickle is a good goalkicker. I like the cut of Godwin's gib, Seu Seu seems fine but we desperately need some help in the Fazfree and Hockless pack, we should have come up with a couple of old but cheap pack grizzlies along the Guisset lines for cover during the off season. I don't see why we couldn't have smuggled in someone like big fat Paul Anderson to do a job for a year or so (or kept Mick + Terry but that was obviously due to salry/2020)note I said "someone like" before everyone kicks off. We need a full season from Carney and also Dallas to return to his best to give us a bit more cutting edge out wide, but I'm confident of a top four finish and another ultimately bathetic glory charge in the play offs, who knows when Moran finds his feet we may even be in for another big occasion let down in the Challenge Cup Final.

Ian, I've got through a whole post without mentioning the Welsh revival as well, I don't want to jinx us. Ymlaen Cymru.

Nos da.
thegimble

Re: Shw Mae

Post by thegimble »

DaiJones posted:
Ahh..back to the board after a couple of weeks absence and delighted to see we are still going round in circles on the Faz debate, at least it will have a slightly new twist to it come Friday. Best of luck to the big man, I look forward to seeing how he copes with Shane Williams and Michael Owen in next year's Six Nations!! Calderwood and Vainikolo could be off next but that's no skin off our pies.

Good to see the "welcome" return of the age old Latics v Rugby debate on the eve of its 25th anniversary (yawn) Am I the only person in Wigan who is happy to go and watch both teams and support Orrell, Wigan Wasps and anyone else from the town as well? Thought so, I must be getting soft down south.

The Aspinwall/Orr etc. are rubbish debate is superb in a long tradition of criticising perfectly good players, although since cases could be made for Martin and Danny being not quite top drawer, it simply doesn't have the class of the old "Edwards/Offiah/Betts are rubbish" conversations.They are both good players but not greats and let's face it are as good as we can a)afford and b)attract in these days of 20/20, Salary caps and professional rugby union.

A few thoughts on the season so far:-Impressed with Moran, good to see someone taking on the playmaking mantle in Faz's absence and excited to see how well he will do when he settles, he could be as good for us as he was in a much weaker Broncos team. Vaealiki looks like a combination of both the Iros which is as good and bad as it sounds but he could be a force for us. Tickle is a good goalkicker. I like the cut of Godwin's gib, Seu Seu seems fine but we desperately need some help in the Fazfree and Hockless pack, we should have come up with a couple of old but cheap pack grizzlies along the Guisset lines for cover during the off season. I don't see why we couldn't have smuggled in someone like big fat Paul Anderson to do a job for a year or so (or kept Mick + Terry but that was obviously due to salry/2020)note I said "someone like" before everyone kicks off. We need a full season from Carney and also Dallas to return to his best to give us a bit more cutting edge out wide, but I'm confident of a top four finish and another ultimately bathetic glory charge in the play offs, who knows when Moran finds his feet we may even be in for another big occasion let down in the Challenge Cup Final.

Ian, I've got through a whole post without mentioning the Welsh revival as well, I don't want to jinx us. Ymlaen Cymru.

Nos da.
Tyrd rwan be ti trio gwneud cael Welsh Knot ar y we. Da gweld na dim y fi di yr unig un Cymraeg yma.

Do not worry all ive said is a polite hello to a fellow Welshman.

Fel sa ni yn dweud yn Caernarfon

Welai di C..T
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

WOW! you could have your own little conversations in Welsh, thats so cool! :D I wish I could speak two languages :( If you havent already noticed I am extremely bored and so replying to every post for the sake of it in most cases :D
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

OH and welcome back!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!