We have all kept quiet long enough.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: We have all kept quiet...

Post by DaveO »

DaiJones posted:
If its "singing players" you want Dave O how about a revenge raid on some of my countrymen? Now Welsh caps are harder to come by than they used to be, I'm sure there'll be a few ready to come "oop north". Is Paul Anderson in fact 'Angry' Anderson then?
I heard enough singing Welsh rugby players in my three years at Aberystwyth to last a life time thank you very much!

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wake up DaveO and smell the roses. Radlinski and Farrell are certainly north of £200k since I do not suppose that their wages went down after the RFL stopped paying their contribution when they thought the Rugger Buggers were no longer after RL players.
Perhaps time to reassess that policy.
Somebody certainly on good money as last season Hock was paid £15k and Brown £12k.
I do not begrudge either player their money, if they were soccer players they would be playing for a better team than T'lactics and I bet that the majority of the lactics players are earning far more than either Radlinski or Farrell.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

On sunday we where losing untill late on and where very lucky not to lose ! And I can see us struggling against the Broncos at the weekend.
That's crap. When Saints come back it's "amazing" only a class team can do it. We did brilliantly coming back from being that far down. Forget about the fact that we shouldnt have been down in the first place, we were, but we didn't give up and the fans didn't either. The last try they scored sent the Wigan fans mad, if you were there you would know or did you decide we're such a bad team that there's no point in verbally supporting them?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
MO silent apart from the stadium policing row, which I believe he handled very badly on behalf of the town, (we certainly won't get any support from the football side from now on).
Why would we want any support from them? Do we care?
St Helens seem to be able to obtain new players, as do Leeds, Bradford, Hull etc (even Leigh).
We've released a player and brought one in. To bring in new players we have to release others. I'm getting bored of this, but who are you going to release to bring in these new players? And who are the new players you're going to bring in? Other clubs are also releasing players to bring in new ones, no-one's doing anything different.
we need some positive action from the Management, otherwise our crowds will continue to be demoralised and dwindle even more.
What dwindling crowds? Season ticket sales continue to increaase, the South Stand has been made ticket-only due to high demand. I can't see any evidence of the fans deserting the club.
We are awakening to the fact that we are no longer in the top 4 in Super League, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Evidence please. We finished 4th last season. That is a fact. Therefore we are in the top 4 in Super League. Ok, that isn't good enough, but your exaggerations are getting ridiculous.
Fraggle do not let the football mob get u railed.

This gutr is more like rugby8ater and has gone under various names as you can spot these guys a mile off.

They do not post often enough as once they get rumbled they change name.

Oh well we might not be dominating the world as we were but out attendances are going up, by Christmas next year Latics will be heading down and there gates will crash. Tru supporter support at all times not just at the good times.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
DaiJones posted:
If its "singing players" you want Dave O how about a revenge raid on some of my countrymen? Now Welsh caps are harder to come by than they used to be, I'm sure there'll be a few ready to come "oop north". Is Paul Anderson in fact 'Angry' Anderson then?
I heard enough singing Welsh rugby players in my three years at Aberystwyth to last a life time thank you very much!

Dave
Yeah i agree im a Welshman who played rugby and ill tell you this i hated the singing. It was like listening to your drunk uncle singing when drunk.

If i hear Men of Harlech or sospan fach again i will not be held responsible for my actions.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
Wake up DaveO and smell the roses. Radlinski and Farrell are certainly north of £200k since I do not suppose that their wages went down after the RFL stopped paying their contribution when they thought the Rugger Buggers were no longer after RL players.
Perhaps time to reassess that policy.
It i scommonknowledge that Farrell signed a contract worth a million quid over 6 years. That is £167K a year.

IMO it was a smart move on his part. Most players won't earn a million quid over six years of an RL career no matter who they are because they will have had two or three sepeerate contracts over that period each at different levels of pay. They may have a couple of seasons on top wages but leading up to that and then after it, their contracts won't be worth as much.

Look at Craig Smith. Reportedlt on £250K a year but that lasted two years and then a big drop to stay.

I haven't seen any information anywhere other than speculation from fans to contradict the frequent comments in the press about Farrell's 1 millio pound contract with the club contract.

As to Radlinski no one knows what happened after the money form the RFL dried up. It does not follow that the club took over the payments. It was a seperate pot of money and if Rads and Cunningham at Saints (who also got it) recieved, say, £100K, to stay that season there is no reason to thiunk Wigan and Saints just decided to add that to their existing contract once the RFL stopped funding it.

Saints have Long, Sculthorpe and Cunningham with the latter as I said also in receipt of the club GB money form the RFL Rads got. These three players wages combined will easily exceed what Rads and Farrell's combined wages are.

If they can afford those three, we can afford Rads and Farrell.

Or is someone else on a huge salary no one ever talks about? People always point the finger at these two players when saying we pay too much to our top players. Well what about Newton, Seu Seu and Vaikeli?

Newton is a GB international and as for the two Kiwi's the club has a bit of a repuation for making very high offers to overseas players.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
DaveO posted:
DaiJones posted:

Dave
Yeah i agree im a Welshman who played rugby and ill tell you this i hated the singing. It was like listening to your drunk uncle singing when drunk.

If i hear Men of Harlech or sospan fach again i will not be held responsible for my actions.
Don't remind me!

Dave
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:roll: I am a sports fan who will travel the length and breadth of the country to watch or participate, I have watched the Warriors at Central Park when in div 2 and now at the JJB, as well as orrell and the Latics, not to mention athletics at woodhouse stadium, now Robin Park Arena (I was there yesterday), I have supported the wasps at Wigan Int pool, and played cricket for Wigan.
Please dont try to tell people not to listen, when what is said does not comply with your own opinion, I am putting forward my views, and I still stand by all of them, if you want to stand alone in your own little world, thats fine, but by I will continue to support sport in Wigan with a passion.
And I still think we need a coach who can make a bigger impact on our depleted / maligned / injured team, and MO needs to clear off before he damages our club and we find ourselves in the bottom half.

P.S. some people have to work and so can't get to a computer everyday !
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:roll: I am a sports fan who will travel the length and breadth of the country to watch or participate, I have watched the Warriors at Central Park when in div 2 and now at the JJB, as well as orrell and the Latics, not to mention athletics at woodhouse stadium, now Robin Park Arena (I was there yesterday), I have supported the wasps at Wigan Int pool, and played cricket for Wigan.
Please dont try to tell people not to listen, when what is said does not comply with your own opinion, I am putting forward my views, and I still stand by all of them, if you want to stand alone in your own little world, thats fine, but by I will continue to support sport in Wigan with a passion.
And I still think we need a coach who can make a bigger impact on our depleted / maligned / injured team, and MO needs to clear off before he damages our club and we find ourselves in the bottom half.

P.S. some people have to work and so can't get to a computer everyday !
I work everyday but ill still get on the PC everyday to take the mick out of you.

Your a good liar mate. Mike did not know we had a fiction writing section on here.

Either he lying or weve found that Superman did come from Wigan and by the way that is my opinion on you so do not tell me to shut up as you will not agree with my opinion.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:) It's your opinion, and so predictable, have a nice day, (but it's all true !)