DENISS BETTS PROBLEM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Selousscouts

DENISS BETTS PROBLEM

Post by Selousscouts »

Deniss Betts may be a nice bloke ? but he certainly suffers from a major disability, in that his mouth tends to run faster than his brain,or in other words every time he opens his gob he puts his foot in it. A prime example being the irrational, biased, ridicules attempt via the media to influence the Disciplinary Panel of the RFL in the case of the " alleged " spear tackle on Moran in the match against Widnes Vikings. After viewing the video, the panel, quite rightly came up with the decision that there was " no case to answer ", therefore making BETTS's ranting and ravings look what they are, the outbursts of a spoilt brat.

I for one am glad and pleased at the decision made by the panel, I am sick and tired of the so called top five clubs trying to influence the decision making by the RFL, to suit there own cause.

I would have more respect for any comments made by BETTS if he put his own house in order first, how's about telling NEWTON, O'Laughlin, Tickle , well infact the whole Wigan team, that contrary to their belife and interpetatiojn of the Rules of the Game of Rugbuy League, it may come as a major shock to them, that unfortunately the head is not a legitimate target when tackling an opponent. Until BETTS takes the nasty, cheap head shots out of Wigan's play I am afraid as far as his comments and remarks are concerned I and quite a large percentage of the followers of rugby league, will treat them with the total, utter complete contempt that they deserve
proud_pie_eater

Re: DENISS BETTS PROBLEM

Post by proud_pie_eater »

YOU obviously dont like the man, thats your problem! He is showing concern for his team which every good coach should do, the spear tackle on Moran was obvious to all present at the match, were you there? Yes Wigan may need to make less high shot but in my opinion all coaches should be saying that to their teams at the moment because what club isnt going a little too high on occasion in tackles. You need to chill out for a bit and look at what Betts is doing for the club and not the insignificant little things that he hasnt got round to yet.
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

the thing is as well is that spear tackle should be a concern of the panel following a recent court case in austrlia, it should be taken in hand and stamp out before the same thing happens here
don't eat yellow snow
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

proud_pie_eater posted:
YOU obviously dont like the man, thats your problem! He is showing concern for his team which every good coach should do, the spear tackle on Moran was obvious to all present at the match, were you there? Yes Wigan may need to make less high shot but in my opinion all coaches should be saying that to their teams at the moment because what club isnt going a little too high on occasion in tackles. You need to chill out for a bit and look at what Betts is doing for the club and not the insignificant little things that he hasnt got round to yet.
Considering what happened with the court case in Oz we should be worried and Dennis was right to bring it up and to be angry about it. Spear tackle is the most dangerous part of the game and need iradicating asap.

RFL has sent out a dangerous message. They could be liable if anyone gets hurt from one as the message sent by not suspending the player is the wrong one.

Betts priorites are for the club and players and he has just done what he believes what is correct.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

thegimble posted:
proud_pie_eater posted:
Considering what happened with the court case in Oz we should be worried and Dennis was right to bring it up and to be angry about it. Spear tackle is the most dangerous part of the game and need iradicating asap.

RFL has sent out a dangerous message. They could be liable if anyone gets hurt from one as the message sent by not suspending the player is the wrong one.

Betts priorites are for the club and players and he has just done what he believes what is correct.
TOTALY agree!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
What they actually sent out was some letters to the Widnes players involved warning them about their tackling technique. :roll:
It is the first time I have heard Betts complain about anything like this so I was surprised he did but it probably does therefore indicate a genuine concern.

If he turns into a Moaning Millward in the next few weeks then fair enough he will need to shut up but I think he can be let off this once!

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mrs Betts?
SelousScounts, a bit of a colonial East African throw back there :eh:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Re: DENNIS BETTS PROBLEM

Post by robjoenz »

Despite what Dennis has said it is quite worrying to me that nearly all incidents put on report are thrown out at inquiry as no case to answer. In the 'olden days' the referee would have sent them off and they'd have got a ban, am I correct in thinking this?

I cannot understand why this incident has been just let off, I've not seen the replay but I was at the game and saw him thrown on his back by a player holding both of his legs and lifting them into the air. This is an illegal move, the referee obvious saw fit to put him on report and the RFL decided the (illegal) tackling style warranted sending Widnes a letter. What exactly would the Widnes player needed to have done to get a ban, broken Moran's neck?

I may be wrong here because I do not have the benefit of seeing the replay but can someone who has seen it again tell me, was I right in what I think I saw?
Selousscouts

Post by Selousscouts »

Actually Mrs. Betts ? or whatever your name is the Country is RHODESIA. To correct a few other mistakes on here, Moran was lifted by both legs UNDER his knees and dropped on his back, NOTHING LIKE A SPEAR TACKLE, it was not an illegal tackle to be illegal one or both hands of the tackling player have to be BETWEEN THE LEGS of the player tackled, in this case that did not apply.

Oh by the way just to fully enlighten you Mr. Birchall is it ? I am proud to say I served with that fine Regiment in Rhodesia.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Hypocritical really.
would have more respect for any comments made by BETTS if he put his own house in order first, how's about telling NEWTON, O'Laughlin, Tickle , well infact the whole Wigan team, that contrary to their belife and interpetatiojn of the Rules of the Game of Rugbuy League, it may come as a major shock to them, that unfortunately the head is not a legitimate target when tackling an opponent. Until BETTS takes the nasty, cheap head shots out of Wigan's play I am afraid as far as his comments and remarks are concerned I and quite a large percentage of the followers of rugby league, will treat them with the total, utter complete contempt that they deserve
That is your opinion right? You say "the whole wigan team" go for heads, I don't see it that way I would like some evidence there cause I have never seen Brett Dallas give a head high shot, or carney or Orr or Aspi, Vaeliki, Lammy last year or Moran this year (you get my point)
What I was beginning to say before I got wound up is that Dennis Betts is a passionate man, he LOVES WIGAN and he has a right to state his opinion. When you're biased towards something you see it in a different light. Ian Millward is forever trying to influence decisions but it is not just the top 4 teams that do it.

He has however, last year I think it was, said some things that I thought maybe a coach should not be saying but if you ask any coach questions straight after a tight match like that of course you're gonna get quite a (possbly) un professional view of the game.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!