Proud

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Proud

Post by jobo »

Proud of them all tonight. What a great game. Ryan Hall was the difference
cumbria_warrior

Re: Proud

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Just one or two silly mistakes, but the lads did fairly well. Certainly something to build on
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

If anything it was the so called 'lesser' players that stood up. Richards, Green, Smith, Charnley and Lockers were all fairly anonymous, not poor but not good enough.
I thought Tuson really had a go and Crosby and Burke looked very nearly there.
Injuries are a massive problem and theres only so much you can do with what we've got. We need experienced dogged players back for games like that but credit to the lads for their effort if nothing else.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Kiwiseddon wrote:If anything it was the so called 'lesser' players that stood up. Richards, Green, Smith, Charnley and Lockers were all fairly anonymous, not poor but not good enough.
Injuries are a massive problem and theres only so much you can do with what we've got. We need experienced dogged players back for games like that but credit to the lads for their effort if nothing else.
Please don't say Lockers was anonymous, he never stopped running all night , not sure if you went to the game but maybe the tv coverage didn't show how much work he did.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well done to those young lads who came in & stood up to the Whinos.

Our kicking let us down & the few mistakes, but all credit to the team tonight.

Not watched it back yet, not long got back, but I thought the referee seemed inconsistant in his decisions :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

First Try Tickle wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:If anything it was the so called 'lesser' players that stood up. Richards, Green, Smith, Charnley and Lockers were all fairly anonymous, not poor but not good enough.
Please don't say Lockers was anonymous, he never stopped running all night , not sure if you went to the game but maybe the tv coverage didn't show how much work he did.
Fair enough. I suppose it was more a case of 'by his usual standards'
He's an absolute hero don't get me wrong but we've come to expect so much of him.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:
Fair enough. I suppose it was more a case of 'by his usual standards'
He's an absolute hero don't get me wrong but we've come to expect so much of him.
He never stopped all night, he was all over the place, only error was the wild pass, to Thornley, that went into touch late on:(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

jobo wrote:Proud of them all tonight. What a great game. Ryan Hall was the difference
Me too: young inexperienced lads v grizzled warriors.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Really proud of them tonight, and all year tbh. Am enjoying this year, seeing our boys standing up to be counted.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

In all honesty, I dont think many expected the lads to stand up and be counted as much as they have this year, all the young kids are certainly out to make a point