Saints game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
georgeorwell

Saints game

Post by georgeorwell »

Got my ticket and counting the days; can't wait. Saints are playing well, with Lomax starting to destroy teams a la Sam. Promises to be a cracker, and I just hope the ref doesn't spoil it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Saints game

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mum, dad and sister together for the first time since Central Park, can't wait. Roby out too which helps our cause up the middle.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Roby is a huge miss for them. :D :wink:
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

You are right CP, Roby is a huge loss, but I wish he was playing. He is such a committed player and I like watching him. A win against Saints with him in the team would be even more satisfactory for us. Roll on!!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

georgeorwell wrote:You are right CP, Roby is a huge loss, but I wish he was playing. He is such a committed player and I like watching him. A win against Saints with him in the team would be even more satisfactory for us. Roll on!!!
I agree, both teams at full strength would be best. Roby is a class act.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As much as I agree about it being great to beat a Saints team with no players out injured, we must remember our own awful injury list and remember we'll still be missing a big number of players.
We won't be full strength, so it would be nothing less than brilliant to beat Saints, depleted or full strength
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Saints would have no sympathy for us and bar Roby they will be at full strength, moreso than us. Lets stuff the buggers!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Clone Roses to Bang the Drum on Good Friday

Popular local band The Clone Roses are set to kick off a huge day of entertainment at The DW Stadium on Good Friday.

The summer of 2012 saw Madchester legends 'The Stone Roses' reform for a series of memorable shows, most notably 3 nights at Heaton Park in Manchester. Now the gigs have passed there is only one option for fans who want to re-live 'The Heaton Park' experience. The Clone Roses are the closest to the real thing, and will bring the look and sound of these shows to the DW Stadium ahead of Wigan's highly anticipated clash with local rivals St Helens.

The Clones have been touring up and down the UK for over a decade, playing to vibrant crowd's week in week out. The band recently returned to Wigan for their first gig in 15 years by playing to a sold-out Independence, and can't wait to go one step further in front of 20,000 plus fans on Good Friday.

Lead singer, Gav commented,

"We're local(ish) lads and are huge fans of Rugby League, so being asked to play ahead of the biggest derby in the sport is a huge honour.

"It was great to play in Wigan again recently. We already have strong following from the town as well as from St Helens which should make for a great atmosphere.

"Our biggest gig to date was supporting The Happy Mondays and The Farm in front of about 4,000 people at Brixton Academy, which was pretty big. I'm sure playing on Good Friday before the derby will be just as impressive"

For more information and gig listings for the Clone Roses [click here]

Tickets for Wigan v St Helens start from £21 adults and £15 juniors and are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office or by calling the Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552 or [click here] to visit Warriors E-Tickets.

Wigan Warriors and the DW Stadium ticket office have now made it even easier for fans to receive match tickets, by offering a new Print@Home facility. Print@Home allows fans to print their own match ticket at home when purchased via eTickets, saving fans having to queue or pay a ticket booking fee.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 048&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

South stand now sold out for this game :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Popular band? I've never heard of them
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame