Widnes GAME ON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Widnes GAME ON

Post by josie andrews »

The Club would like to inform all fans that Saturday's home Super League game between Wigan Warriors and Widnes Vikings, 5.45pm KO at the DW Stadium is ON.

There have been a number of calls from supporters hearing from another source that the game might be called off, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

The pitch is fine as are the surrounding roads at this time.

However, the Under 19's game at Orrell scheduled for Sunday against Widnes has been postponed.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 050&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Re: Widnes GAME ON

Post by butt monkey »

Bit early to start calling the game "on" or "off".

Whilst the snow hasn't been sticking on the paths and roads of Wigan all day, it is fair to say that right now it is, and this situation regarding the fixture may well alter overnight

99.9% of matches are called off for health and safety reasons surrounding the stadium and surrounding area, not in regards to the state of the pitch
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:Bit early to start calling the game "on" or "off".

Whilst the snow hasn't been sticking on the paths and roads of Wigan all day, it is fair to say that right now it is, and this situation regarding the fixture may well alter overnight

99.9% of matches are called off for health and safety reasons surrounding the stadium and surrounding area, not in regards to the state of the pitch
That's very true bm
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Certainly is! Saints were umming and ayying every hour on the hour from 1pm today. I reckon if it hadn't been for next week's busy schedule, they would have postponed. One guy posted on RedVee that he set off from Bolton, got halfway then turned back. So its a credit to the 5,000+ fans who did turn up to sit for 2 freezing hours in that half-built concrete monstrosity!

#respect
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Certainly is! Saints were umming and ayying every hour on the hour from 1pm today. I reckon if it hadn't been for next week's busy schedule, they would have postponed. One guy posted on RedVee that he set off from Bolton, got halfway then turned back. So its a credit to the 5,000+ fans who did turn up to sit for 2 freezing hours in that half-built concrete monstrosity!

#respect
Yes, they are a credit to both clubs in the awful weather.

I hope it eases up tomorrow for our game ( if it is on)

BTW, well done to Salford, only just lost & from what I'm hearing a try was disallowed for them only after the touch judge had to remind Bentham, after he signalled to go to the screen, that there wasn't a video ref!!
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

On or off? My heart is telling me on but my head is telling me off after last nights snow effort?!?!?!? Anyone living quite near to the ground who can see the situation? More snow forecast up to 3pm up to now......
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm about a mile away. The snow outside my house is the deepest its been all winter and its still coming down.

I'd be amazed if any sporting fixtures go ahead today!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I can't get out of my door!! Opened it & a foot of snow fell in :( not best pleased I can tell you.

Plus, can't see anyone getting off our estate up that brow!
upandunder1

Post by upandunder1 »

I live about a mile away from ground and walk to games when i get chance to go, but i wouldnt fancy walking today! Again dont think its a question of the pitch more the surrounding streets and roads for us getting there! Do bluestar pick up on snowmobiles? :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

upandunder1 wrote:I live about a mile away from ground and walk to games when i get chance to go, but i wouldnt fancy walking today! Again dont think its a question of the pitch more the surrounding streets and roads for us getting there! Do bluestar pick up on snowmobiles? :D
:lol: :lol: