MY beef with (about ;) ) Green

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

MY beef with (about ;) ) Green

Post by cpwigan »

Excellent player and my beef is not with him and my statement will annoy the likes of KW but here goes;

Green was brilliant playing right side for Hull KR, google on You Tube! Until Widnes I thought maybe I was too hasty and he is doing a good job on the left BUT v Widnes he ended up on the right far more (hopefully deliberately) and particularly as a runner but even passing he is far far better on the right. On the left he poses less individual threat and turns the ball back inside much more. He can pass short left side but is far less comfortable passing long left side.
Kittwazzer

Re: MY beef with (about ;) ) Green

Post by Kittwazzer »

You're right as ever CP, far too complex for me. Far as I'm concerned you run forward passing the ball to each other till some bugger puts it down behind the try line

Job done! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:You're right as ever CP, far too complex for me. Far as I'm concerned you run forward passing the ball to each other till some bugger puts it down behind the try line

Job done! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

Are we compensating or can Smith do a job on the left edge?

By compensating I don't just mean out of those 2 who is better where but us the weaker of the 2 in D on the stronger side of the field in D etc etc?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

This is related to all team. I take my hat off to Wane / Wigan trying both halves together and it may still have a place. Regarding flexibility I would like to see teams prepared to put on plays at differing points in a set. 99% of teams put their plays on the same tackle in a set after X settlers. I also like one NRL club that kick on whichever tackle rather than the last provided they have reached a certain area of the field.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

It's been said before but losing Tommy and Finch was going to leave a big hole to fill. I think Green and Smith are doing admirably, and getting better the more they train and play together.

I'd argue that our kicking game is much more potent now, and although the side isn't quite spot on in places, it's getting there and when everyone's back in the side I think Green and Smith will become even more important and shine even more.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan

Anything else you don't like?
markill

Post by markill »

I think Green has shown some good adaptability and fluency in his game. Switching over to the right occasionally is a good thing. He seems to be a stronger runner in that direction so its dangerous when he does it. Also, it means we aren't just reliant on set Sam plays to break through teams.

In his normal (in our team) left side position he's shown so great touches too. There has been some variation in his distribution, but I've noticed it more in the games we've scored plenty of tries. I still think we could mix play up more in the games Sam misses and Green could be key to that.

There are so many interesting things being tried by coaches nowadays and I hope we show more variation as the season goes on too. Has anyone noticed Madge's Souths sometimes attacking almost with 2 full backs with Inglis at FB and Merritt in from the wing joining the line?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:cpwigan

Whelley? I mean where does it start and where does it end?

Oh the news reporting the teenage girl killed by dogs being Wigan when is Atheton really Wigan or Leigh, at the least nearer to Leigh, almost on the road to Manchester.

What say you my hunky stalker :wink: re your PM, I will forward a signed photograph ASAP. Hugs and cuddles xxx
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:cpwigan

Whelley? I mean where does it start and where does it end?

Oh the news reporting the teenage girl killed by dogs being Wigan when is Atheton really Wigan or Leigh, at the least nearer to Leigh, almost on the road to Manchester.

What say you my hunky stalker :wink: re your PM, I will forward a signed photograph ASAP. Hugs and cuddles xxx
':inlo:' :inlo:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan