Warriors Wait on Lockers and Josh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Wait on Lockers and Josh

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane will take a look at both Josh Charnley and Skipper Sean O'Loughlin in the next 24 hours to see if they will be fit to face Wakefield Trinity Wildcats at the DW Stadium on Sunday, 3pm.

Sean missed the game at Hull KR with a back problem and Josh Charnley required stitches in an ankle injury, Shaun Wane told us at the pre-match press conference on Thursday,

"Sean is still struggling a bit with a back problem, I will have a look at him today. Josh Charnley is the other, he had 15 stitches in his ankle at the weekend but he should be OK, if not he will be fine for the Bradford game."

Shaun also confirmed that Winger Anthony Gelling could make a return to the squad this weekend after recovering from his hamstring injury but it was unlikely that either Lee Mossop or Harrison Hansen who figure against the Wildcats. Both though are making excellent progress and if not this week will be ready for the visit to Odsal the week after.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Re: Warriors Wait on Lockers and Josh

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Rest them both. If we beat Wakefield, great, if we don't, no big problem. League leaders shield means nothing.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd agree with that. We could be grooming Greg Burke as Lockers' successor and he's up to the task from what I've seen. I think Josh will play but if not, give the Ice Cream man another go.

My main concern is Gelling if Pat is jet lagged!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Kittwazzer - How can he be jet lagged. It was reported that he has only gone for the day - to Sydney!!
E.& O.E.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Ron Doran wrote:Kittwazzer - How can he be jet lagged. It was reported that he has only gone for the day - to Sydney!!
Not sure Ron, he probably won't if he stays on UK time but after a trip like that he's bound to be knackered!
BriH

Post by BriH »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Rest them both. If we beat Wakefield, great, if we don't, no big problem.
League leaders shield means nothing.
I disagree with that absolutely. With that attitude mediocre is OK then? End up 8th? I don't think so.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote: I think Josh will play but if not, give the Ice Cream man another go.
Have I missed something? :conf:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I think Josh will play but if not, give the Ice Cream man another go.
Manfredi! :lol:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Backs can play every week. It's only forwards we need to rotate. Pat and Josh should play if fit, but if there's any risk of Josh making his injury worse he should be rested, so we can see how Manfredi goes.
Lockers is a different case. We can cover for him, and he need to be right for the bigger challenges ahead. When will we know who we play in the Cup, as that will affect our rotation policy over the next few weeks?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Manfredi! :lol:
:blush: Ha ha. I was thinking De Romas :lol: