Wane Previews Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wane Previews Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are back in Super League action at the DW Stadium on Sunday afternoon when Wakefield Trinity Wildcats provide the opposition, the game has a 3pm kick off.

The Warriors go into the game on the back of a successful Easter top of the table while the Wildcats had mixed fortunes, a win in the local derby at Castleford was followed with a home loss to Hull FC on Monday.

Looking ahead to the game, Head Coach Shaun Wane told us,

"It will be a very tough challenge for us, they are a quality team. I watched the game against Hull this morning and they have got threats, they test you everywhere and they have some great players.

"Wakefield are a threat and they tested Hull who had to be really aggressive to beat them and I think that was the reason why they won the game. If we turn up a little bit under done we will get burned and I will make sure in the build up that doesn't happen.

"For them Tim Smith is playing really well, he is a danger and they have some other dangerous strike players as well.

"We group matches together and this game is the fourth of four around the Easter period and we saw this as a bit of a challenge, a bit of a cup run and I want four wins from four not three wins from four."

Asked about being top of the table Shaun added,

"It does feel great, it is a good position to be in and our points difference is good. It is not the be all and end all but I would reather be there than anywhere else in the table."

On the injury front Lee Mossop, Harrison Hansen and Anthony Gelling are making good progress and are likely to be back in contention in the next week or so and Shaun admitted he had been delighted with how some of the young players had played and fitted into the side seemlessly this season,

"I am playing some of the young players more that I expected to be honest.In saying that they have come in and done a great job, Greg Burke and Dom Crosby are young kids and I am concious that I don't over play them. We do have some players coming back and it will give me a chance to change things.Lee and Harrison are both keen to return and are now not too far away which is great news."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan