No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NRL EEL

No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Post by NRL EEL »

Warm regards Gentlemen.

After reading much talk of Gareth Hock And Lee Mossop signing with the Pirtek Parramatta Eels id like to set the records straight.

There has been NO contracts signed involving any Wigan Warriors players with the Pirtek Parramatta Eels, That includes Gareth or Lee.

Whilst we consider both players very fine talents, NO contracts have been signed.

I'd like to wish the Warriors and its supporters the best of luck,

Cheers,

NRL EEL

Pirtek Parramatta Eels RLFC
Wes

Re: No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Post by Wes »

Hmm ok, your keen to let us know aren't you.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well personally I thank NRL Eel for calling a halt to this rubbish that Hock has signed for anyone else.

Surely any deal would have to be agreed with Wigan before he went anywhere? Like wise Mossop, or are we in the realms of "he can go if he's unhappy as contracts mean nothing anyway"??!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome to the site & thank you for your good wishes for Wigan Warriors :)

Thank you also for your contribution to this ongoing rumour & let's hope your reply will, as BM said, put a halt to these stories.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Sorry but how do we know NRL EEL is who he says he is? Do we believe him because he was/is polite?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

Another alter ego for me, sorry.
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Well, that's the price for anonymity and silly names.
E.& O.E.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sorry but how do we know NRL EEL is who he says he is? Do we believe him because he was/is polite?
Ok lets "do" a DaveO style dissection of what was posted

shawcross da warrior wrote:Gaz Hock has signed for paramatta for next season its a done deal

i know this is probably common knowledge on here but hadnt read it on a post so there you go
I have underlined the part Shawcross (is it ok for him to have a non-de-plume or must what he write be utter bollox for the same reason?) stated as a fact
shawcross da warrior wrote:the player himself..

i know people say it all the time but wouldnt have posted it if it wasnt the truth
When questioned who he got the information from.... which leads to.......
shawcross da warrior wrote:my mate spoke to him 2 days ago in the pub believe it or not :blush:
Which doesn't exactly sit right with his initial claim HE heard it from the player himself. He didn't. A mate in the pub heard it from Gaz Hock who was just getting pi**ed either just after or just prior to a match (depending on your point of view).

I'm sorry, the fact someone either comes from or lives in Wigan does not make their intelligence source any more reliable or correct than anyone else's. Especially when that rumour surround that player having agreed terms with an oversees team

If Hock is going anywhere then terms have to be agreed with Wigan first as any transfer fee is included in the Australian Salary Cap and I cannot see Wigan letting Hock walk for free when they have supported him (both monetary and morally) during his drug ban
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Rugby Papers are both linking Hock and Mossop to Australia.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wigan have got Mossop on the cheap. His contract is very poor and as soon as it's up, he'll be off.