Sack Betts Please

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Sack Betts Please

Post by adrenalinxx »

Denis Betts is not a Rugby League coach and that is a fact. He doesn't have a clue how to coach and it is obvious that he can't in the way the team plays. It is no secret that we have no "go forward" but instead of trying to work the ball out wide to the wing Betts has us playing a flat attack which results in us playing one man rugby almost all the time. I've heard people saying that Wigan have some of the best players in the World in Vaealiki, Moran, Seuseu, Newton and O'Loughlin so if all these player are great then we have the ability on the field so it must be the back room staff who are not up to the task. Everyone says that we have injuries so it not his fault but having injuries does not get us to the Grand Final winning matches gets us to the Grand Final. If Betts can't work with the players he's got then he shouldn't be coaching Wigan. I for one am looking forward to him being sacked after the Saints game in two weeks because we don't look like we are going to beat Saint and if we don't he should be out the door because we haven't lost to Saints in the league for 2 years. What is even worse is the fact that if we lose anymore we could end up being relegated because all the other team have shown that they can play rugby but Wigan don't look like they can.
thegimble

Re: Sack Betts Please

Post by thegimble »

adrenalinxx posted:
Denis Betts is not a Rugby League coach and that is a fact. He doesn't have a clue how to coach and it is obvious that he can't in the way the team plays. It is no secret that we have no "go forward" but instead of trying to work the ball out wide to the wing Betts has us playing a flat attack which results in us playing one man rugby almost all the time. I've heard people saying that Wigan have some of the best players in the World in Vaealiki, Moran, Seuseu, Newton and O'Loughlin so if all these player are great then we have the ability on the field so it must be the back room staff who are not up to the task. Everyone says that we have injuries so it not his fault but having injuries does not get us to the Grand Final winning matches gets us to the Grand Final. If Betts can't work with the players he's got then he shouldn't be coaching Wigan. I for one am looking forward to him being sacked after the Saints game in two weeks because we don't look like we are going to beat Saint and if we don't he should be out the door because we haven't lost to Saints in the league for 2 years. What is even worse is the fact that if we lose anymore we could end up being relegated because all the other team have shown that they can play rugby but Wigan don't look like they can.
You give him 2 weeks.

Leigh beats us hes gone. And that now is a real possibility.
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

would really like to disagree but the way we're playing right now i dont hold out much hope 4us beating leigh & if we carry on the way we're going i cant see us making the top six which 4a club like wigan has to be an absolute minimum requirement. think dennis is going to start feeling the pressure very soon...could that be why andrew farrar was brought in in the 1st place?
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

id like to say something here GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR ONCE!!! Tonight London played brilliant we couldnt stop that.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

leigh won,t beat us. imo that was a very good team we just played . plus we had gansons usual s4ite decisions to cope with.we just need to get a few big bodies on to the pitch as we are badly undersized and we need a leader who is in the thick of the action. aspinwall needs to have a look at himself and scully needs to learn that sometimes you just have to take the tackle. mom t.newton
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

warrior till i die posted:
id like to say something here GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR ONCE!!! Tonight London played brilliant we couldnt stop that.
Broncos were average at best. Is that not an enditement of were we are now. Most on here have got behind the team. Were u happy with the performance.

Amazing when we lose the other team was brilliant. We created nothing dropped ball all over the pitch never got a good kick away gave away decent field position all game. That why we were entrenched on the tryline for the first half.

We were poor all game. You need to face facts we lose friday Dennis is gone and that is the responsibility of the players to perform. they did not preform tonight and ive had enough of watching second rate players been paid money for performances like that. Were playing like the last 10 min against Bradford.

We all should support the team but if that is the only thing you can say does that not show to you how bad things have become because i heard that at anfield all through the 90's when we became second rate.

Wigan are going the same way.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

be realistic gimble. Why would we sack the coach if we lose to leigh? That would be a crisis you dont go and sack your coach when the season has just started.
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

warrior till i die posted:
be realistic gimble. Why would we sack the coach if we lose to leigh? That would be a crisis you dont go and sack your coach when the season has just started.
Just started 5 games are gone were not going to finish in the top 6 is that good enough in your opinion.

We lose to Leigh we get sucked into a relegation battle do u think DW or MO will be happy with the situation.

Endacott went when we were in the top 5, Raper sacked when we were in top 5 do you see a pattern or do i have to spell it out.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i think if we could capture morley it could give us that direction we miss without faz. i know everyone,s angry and hurting at the moment but we do need to get a full squad healthy to compete. right i,m away to kick the dog again :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

waterside glens posted:
i think if we could capture morley it could give us that direction we miss without faz. i know everyone,s angry and hurting at the moment but we do need to get a full squad healthy to compete. right i,m away to kick the dog again :D
Now no one get me wrong i like Betts hes done a good job last year but the injuries have piled up when he has been the Assistant and now the coach. My feeling on the Faz situation its allowed to go on so that Mo can bring in Anderson.

Remember Chris Anderson was in MO's house recuparating after his heart attack. CA is out of a job in May at the latest. Dose anyone think that MO would not go for him if things do not drastically improve.

Yes we need a full squad thats healthy but its never going to happen at the moment maybe they do something wrong in there training but they need to change as we are the only team with this problem on this scale.

If things do not improve then im sorry Betts will be gone. Im not like other who wants Betts gone but its the reality of the situation.