Sack Betts Please

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Sack Betts Please

Post by thegimble »

the grinch posted:
for god sake calm down you are all looking for a scape goat!you cant judge a manager after 5 games which we could easily have won most. bradford and wakefield could have been wins if not for a bit of bad luck. wigan will turn things around and so long as we get into the top six we have a chance of the title. stains finished in the lowest position in the league since super league started last year but won a trophy. wigan finished above them but won nothing so who is the sucsesfull team there then? the league position means nothing so long as you are 3 from bottom. :wink:
Oh how standards have fallen now were happy bwing 3rd from bottom.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Sacking Betts will not fix this state that we are in, even if you put some of the blame his way, you cant totally blame him for the performance of the players. It may be a young team but alot of them have many games under their belt, and should know how to play the basics of rugby
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Of course it's Betts fault, thats what he gets paid for, Coaching, tactics, organisation, fitness etc, we all know our squad is below par this year, but its up to Betts to get the best out of them, is he ? NO.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

We need a coach you clearly just hate Betts if the staduim burned down you'd blame him :lol:
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: I don't hate Betts, he was a top player for us, but as a coach, forget it, we need a change now before its, to late.
And if the stadium was to burn down, it's obvious who would be to blame........Doris !
Special K

Post by Special K »

Come on people what sort of a team lets the chairman recruit for them. Betts has had to put up with the poor players brought in by Maurice. :lol:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

To be honest, our coaches always "do ok" when they first join but after a while we start slacking, I don't know the reason for this and I don't know whats best. Sacking the coach will mean new tactics and most likely yet another transitional period, are we willing to be patient (AGAIN) and wait for the team to up their class or are we willing to wait around for something magical to happen with Betts.
I'm not turning my back on Betts but I don't think there's much he can do for us, right now we need someone who is experienced and can do something with a team that looks sometimes hopeless. I'm sorry but it's just not good enough, teams like Wigan do not lose to teams like London who, although they have started well and been giving a moral boost by the RFL, they were set to go down at the beginning of the season and end of last season. It's just not good enough.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
To be honest, our coaches always "do ok" when they first join but after a while we start slacking, I don't know the reason for this and I don't know whats best. Sacking the coach will mean new tactics and most likely yet another transitional period, are we willing to be patient (AGAIN) and wait for the team to up their class or are we willing to wait around for something magical to happen with Betts.
I'm not turning my back on Betts but I don't think there's much he can do for us, right now we need someone who is experienced and can do something with a team that looks sometimes hopeless. I'm sorry but it's just not good enough, teams like Wigan do not lose to teams like London who, although they have started well and been giving a moral boost by the RFL, they were set to go down at the beginning of the season and end of last season. It's just not good enough.
Friday night will answer a lot of our questions. If we win then we might be in the top 6 if we lose then we get sucked down quickly and then i think he should go.

Also if he gets fired then he should drag MO with him. MO is killing us at the moment with the Faz deal.

DW said deal not completed by friday then he pulls the plug. Is this a very long week or has DW scrwed us again.

There is a lot of problems at the club presently, the players, coaches and management should take a long look at themselves. Faz situation is ongoing for nearly 3 months and still no sign of completion never mind what we read or here from all parties.

We should not all blame Betts but others at the club are as guilty if not more so.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Let's face it, Betts is only in this job by default- he wasn't the first man for the job - Gregory was, and for a bit of contingency they left Betts in the job.
A couple of seasons on though, I am still stumped that they got rid of Stuart Raper as he was doing a good job. So in my logic, if they got rid of Raper, why is Betts still here this far into such a poor season?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Ellie from the Block! posted:
Let's face it, Betts is only in this job by default- he wasn't the first man for the job - Gregory was, and for a bit of contingency they left Betts in the job.
A couple of seasons on though, I am still stumped that they got rid of Stuart Raper as he was doing a good job. So in my logic, if they got rid of Raper, why is Betts still here this far into such a poor season?
Raper was leaving at the end of the season he was fired at.