Sack Betts Please

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JARJAR

Re: Sack Betts Please

Post by JARJAR »

I think the problem goes higher up than Betts. Losing most of a very strong and experienced pack in the close season (Cassidy,O Connor,Smith)could have been avoided (or the impact reduced) if the length of these players contracts had been properly controlled so as to allow a phased replacement.
The simple fact is that our pack replacements are not experienced ,big enough and in some cases good enough for the job.The loss of Farrell has made the whole situation worse.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

if we could capture morley imagion our front row with Morley, Newton and Scunthorpe!!

:roll: :roll:
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

waterside glens posted:
i think if we could capture morley it could give us that direction we miss without faz.
can u honestly see morley coming to play with this team as it is right now? every top team in this country is going to be after his signature and there are more attractive places to be playing than wigan right now
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

yeah but we arnt struck for money and with faz going it will free up the salary cap :o
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

thegimble posted: Broncos were average at best. Is that not an endictement of were we are now. Amazing when we lose the other team was brilliant. We created nothing dropped ball all over the pitch never got a good kick away gave away decent field position all game. That's why we were entrenched on the tryline for the first half. We were shit all game. They did not perform tonight
Couldn't agree more with this!

Also agree that most people have got behind the team but at some point we do have to admit that we're not playing at all well! can't understand when everyone knows we're so undersized do we have to see wingers coming infield and trying to take on the other teams forwards...surely dennis can see that having dallas run 30m sideways everytime he gets the ball then getting flattened by a huge opposition forward is not the best use of his talents! we're so fast out wide i'd love to see us try and spin it out there and take on teams using our strengths!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

yeah but its rare for dallas not to make yards and when he runs to the middle he gives wigan a better field position :eh:
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

wigan are far from being on form at the moment but it will turn around. dont make any kneejerk reactions london put 70 on wakefield a couple of games back. the farrell situation is comming to an end and soon wigan will be in a position to bring in a player or two to bolster the squad.dennis must be dissapointed with that performance as are all wigan fans im sure he will go over the video and sort things out.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

wiganrldeanh posted:
yeah but its rare for dallas not to make yards and when he runs to the middle he gives wigan a better field position :eh:
i agree he does make a couple of metres but why are our forwards letting him do it and how often is he going to break through the oppositions forward line? most of the time if we do try and get it out wide afterwards he's usually stuck in back play trying to shake off a huge hit & not out on the wing where he'd be of most use to the team
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

GazzL82 posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
i agree he does make a couple of metres but why are our forwards letting him do it and how often is he going to break through the oppositions forward line? most of the time if we do try and get it out wide afterwards he's usually stuck in back play trying to shake off a huge hit & not out on the wing where he'd be of most use to the team
i can see your point and carney does virtually the same when he's not injured[/quote]
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

to early for me to call for heads.. but if we lose 25th, then my guess he is gone irrelevent of the result next week..unfairly.. imho.. yes..
wouldn`t want farrar to take over personally.. something about the whole back room staff seems different ( not for the better ) this year..??

maybe the whole farrell code switch will cover how horrible we have played for the last 4 weeks!!