Lindsay/Whelan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Lindsay/Whelan

Post by billyboy »

Last Monday, Lindsay Was quoted as saying that the Farrell situation could drag on for several weeks (Wigan Evening Post). Wednesday, Whelan said the RFU had until Friday or the deal was off. Two points 1. Do they speak to each other? 2. The RFU have not decided and it is now Sunday.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
Dawber

Re: Lindsay/Whelan

Post by Dawber »

billboy the rfu have a done deal with wigan rugby league, they are just waiting as to wich club faz will go to, that was in the press on friday, also waiting for faz to have another medical,
i also think you are right over d,w and mo not talking to each other
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dawber posted:
billboy the rfu have a done deal with wigan rugby league, they are just waiting as to wich club faz will go to, that was in the press on friday, also waiting for faz to have another medical,
I don't see how anyone can say the deal is done whr the press realease ont he clubs web site says:

"This should now help clear the way for the Zurich clubs involved to finalise this issue and we expect to conclude matters one way or the other in the near future. "

That means to me the matter is not concluded so I think we have a right to ask why Whelan hasn't done as he said and pulled the plug on the deal.

In fact the RU lot are saying which club he goes to will only be decided after the 6 nations is finished.

If Farrell is no longer a Wigan player we need a much clearer statement that what we have got.

If he is still a Wigan player then the deal should be off bu now.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dawber posted:
You say they are looking for a club but that does mean the deal is not concluded as another medical is also needed. DW, MO show us some courage.

Guess what the deal will be done in May when he is fit and we are near a relegation battle.

we need Faz out ASAP for the good of the club as he is going then he should leave now as England Union players are partly centrally contracted and it is they who wont him iur deal is with them not the clubs therefore get him out so we can get a players in asap.

Its the RFU problem to find a club not ours.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Dawber posted:
I don't see how anyone can say the deal is done whr the press realease ont he clubs web site says:

"This should now help clear the way for the Zurich clubs involved to finalise this issue and we expect to conclude matters one way or the other in the near future. "

That means to me the matter is not concluded so I think we have a right to ask why Whelan hasn't done as he said and pulled the plug on the deal.

In fact the RU lot are saying which club he goes to will only be decided after the 6 nations is finished.

If Farrell is no longer a Wigan player we need a much clearer statement that what we have got.

If he is still a Wigan player then the deal should be off bu now.

Dave
finaly DAVEO and i are agreeing to something.

Things must be bad.