Sean’s Long road to redemption

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sean’s Long road to redemption

Post by josie andrews »

SEAN Long admits the opportunity to return to Wigan was an absolute no-brainer.

Long spent much of his playing career terrorising the Warriors and their supporters in the colours of St Helens.

But he jumped at the chance of rejoining his home-town club – where he started his career as a player – on the coaching staff.

“It’s an awesome feeling to be back where I started,” Long told the Evening Post.

“It’s a dream come to true to be back coaching at my home-town club.

“I always wanted to come back at some point, I’d just never had the chance before now. When the opportunity arose I jumped at it. It was an absolute no-brainer.”

Long rejected the chance to stay at Salford under new coach Brian Noble, and will rejoin Wigan after serving his notice with the Reds.

He also laughed off suggestions his previous ties to St Helens will cause any problems moving forward.

“The Wigan fans used to give me a load of stick, but you see that kind of thing happening now with Sam Tomkins,” he added.

“You don’t go out of your way to boo bad players. I think it’s a mark of respect more than anything.

“I just hope they’ll be able to see the work I’ll be doing with some of the younger players at Wigan, and maybe give me a bit of credit now.”

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-5614033
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Sean’s Long road to redemption

Post by Kittwazzer »

“I always wanted to come back at some point, I’d just never had the chance before now"

He obviously didn't read his book!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

You little liar Sean :blush:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:“I always wanted to come back at some point, I’d just never had the chance before now"

He obviously didn't read his book!
He also obviously didn't write it :lol:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

josie andrews wrote: “I just hope they’ll be able to see the work I’ll be doing with some of the younger players at Wigan, and maybe give me a bit of credit now.”
"So lads, when she starts talking back, that's when it's time to slap her"

When he says the "opportunity" arose, he means he thanked his lucky stars that he wouldn't have to work with Noble and couldn't believe that Wigan would pay him a fat pay cheque.

I think it's highly unlikely that he will be accepted by the majority of Wigan fans. Hopefully "redemption" is the name of a car park next to langtree park.

Wigan currently has a fantastic youth set up - I just can't see what he is going to bring to it, apart from bad decisions, stupid tattoos and ridiculous haircuts.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Matthew wrote:
josie andrews wrote: “I just hope they’ll be able to see the work I’ll be doing with some of the younger players at Wigan, and maybe give me a bit of credit now.”
"So lads, when she starts talking back, that's when it's time to slap her"

When he says the "opportunity" arose, he means he thanked his lucky stars that he wouldn't have to work with Noble and couldn't believe that Wigan would pay him a fat pay cheque.

I think it's highly unlikely that he will be accepted by the majority of Wigan fans. Hopefully "redemption" is the name of a car park next to langtree park.

Wigan currently has a fantastic youth set up - I just can't see what he is going to bring to it, apart from bad decisions, stupid tattoos and ridiculous haircuts.
Josh Charnley already covers the haircuts and tattoos.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Sorry, but still a bad signing in view of the reason the then Directors at the time got rid of him!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Here we go again. You will end up banned from the site if you keep up this innuendo!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer

Not a innuendo and why should anyone be banned from the site for giving an honest opinion on something they know more about than most who come on this site about the appointment of Long.

Some of us still have a sense of morals which for many today is sadly lacking.

The club for reasons of their own have signed him, so I will say no more on the matter.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote: so I will say no more on the matter.
Good!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan