get behind the team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Curtis

get behind the team

Post by Curtis »

all the wigan fans have to get BEHIND THE TEAM!!! of course we will beat leigh and we will make the top 6 give it time.
we_need_a_coach

Re: get behind the team

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Take of the Rose tinted mate, action is what is needed, not just sitting back and watching the once great Warriors disintigrate before our eyes, it's people like you who think Doris is our saviour, get a life !
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Curtis posted:
all the wigan fans have to get BEHIND THE TEAM!!! of course we will beat leigh and we will make the top 6 give it time.
I shall be there on Friday supporting the team.

It doesn't mean I can't see what the problems are and at the moment a top six finish is beyond the teams capabilites.

In any case why is a "top six" finish acceptable?

It was three years ago ML said that by now we would have a great side. Instead it is falling apart.

Phil Clarke said on Sky in two years we will have a top side. So that is five years we are expected to wait in total and there is no guarentee the youngsters will kick on and realise their potential anyway.

Dave

billyboy

Post by billyboy »

we-need-a-coach. Couldn't agree with you more. As long as people are prepared to put up with this mediocrity, nothing will be done. This is undoubtedly the poorest team we have had since relegation days. Personally I am wondering if Lindsay could be done under the Trades Descriptions Act.I bought a season ticket to watch a first team. All I am seeing is the Academy with a handful of seniors thrown in.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Curtis posted:
Most if not all do get behind the team. But can you remember a worse team than this.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

The fans werent exactly supporting the team on saturday booing them off the field! I was disgusted, not with the team but with the way fans rejected the team, they may have played badly but we are not in the 80s anymore! Expecting the team to win every game is totaly unreasonable!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

proud_pie_eater posted:
The fans werent exactly supporting the team on saturday booing them off the field! I was disgusted, not with the team but with the way fans rejected the team, they may have played badly but we are not in the 80s anymore! Expecting the team to win every game is totaly unreasonable!
But it was the performance they booed, we lost to Wakefield but did polay ok and played well aginst the Bulls but on Sat its the worst ive seen in a long while.

Players need to know how the fans feel at a time like this. Maybe it will fire them up if if doesnot then we have the wrong player in the team.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

We booed?!
Maybe that will bluddy wake the team up and make them realise that, those kinds of results and that type of play is totally unacceptable for us. Sometimes it takes a bit of crowd feedback to get the players going again. I personally wouldn't have booed but I would not have been cheering them for their efforts like I did in the GF against Bradford (that we also lost ((whats new there tho))) a few years ago.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thegimble posted:
Most if not all do get behind the team. But can you remember a worse team than this.
Yes.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
thegimble posted:
Yes.
In the modern era not pre world war 2