Re: Sam & Wane

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

I think most Wigan fans have accepted that Sam is going to the NRL.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JJ wrote:Rumour as it that Sam's mother and Wane's wife are over in Australia looking a houses.
Also rumour as it they are wanting Wane as well as Sam!!
They are in Auckland at the minute not Australia!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

this was on rLfans, it's mentioned from 15 minutes on :angry:

https://soundcloud.com/sportalcomau/nrl ... 13-round-8
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If I was a SL player listening to them & considering going to the NRL I'd tell them to 'F**k off' :angry:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: If I was a SL player listening to them & considering going to the NRL I'd tell them to 'F**k off' :angry:
After the decades of shite players we've put up with from over there it takes the piss like
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

They like us poms dont they arrogant big headed B*ST*RDS
jobo

Post by jobo »

The Aussie has a brutal way of putting it but a lot of what he says is true.
He's wrong about Sam though and if he watches SL all the time, well it just shows how little he's seen of Wigan.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:The Aussie has a brutal way of putting it but a lot of what he says is true.
He's wrong about Sam though and if he watches SL all the time, well it just shows how little he's seen of Wigan.
We haven't been on tv that much this season :wink:
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:The Aussie has a brutal way of putting it but a lot of what he says is true.
We haven't been on tv that much this season :wink:
I meant that but didn't explain it very well. Must be me tablets :blush:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tomkins quizzes Leuluai about Warriors move

Warriors stand off Thomas Leuluai has revealed star English player Sam Tomkins has phoned him to ask him what it would be like to play for the Auckland-based NRL club.

Tomkins is the biggest name in the Super League and is contemplating an offer from the Warriors for next season, believed to be worth around $1m a year. Leuluai played with Tomkins last season at Wigan and says the two of them have been in contact recently.

"I have talked to Sam, he's asked me a bit about it," Leuluai said.

"I don't think I can say too much about Auckland, it rains too much here!

"But I have talked to him a few times and he's asked me what I thought about him coming here and different things.

"There are other clubs chasing him too and at the end of the day he's got a decision to make, but the Warriors are pretty keen on him and if they get him he'll be good."

The fullback won the coveted Man of Steel award in England last season and has also been in sensational form this campaign, scoring two tries in Wigan's 28-20 win over Hull last weekend and bagging 10 touchdowns in his last four games.

If the Warriors were able to lure Tomkins to Auckland it would be one of the most significant signings in the club's history and give the fans something to feel optimistic about as they watch their team struggle through this campaign.

Having first-hand experience of what Tomkins can offer, Leuluai feels he's a player who can add a lot to the Warriors.

"He is a good player. He is a great competitor and I know the club is chasing him pretty hard," he said.

"I think it will be great for the club if they can get him. He would fit in fairly easily. He is a flamboyant type player and the best thing about him is his toughness.

"He is skinny and small, but you won't find many guys who are as tough and competitive as him, so he'll do well."

On more pressing matters, the Warriors are desperate for a win against Gold Coast Titans in Auckland tomorrow. With just one win in their last 15 games, it's time to stop talking about brave performances and start picking up two points each weekend.

There is certainly more talent in this Warriors side than their last place position on the NRL points table would suggest, but there is a need for the senior players like Leuluai to stand up and make a difference when the heat is on during the last 10 minutes of a game and they're struggling to hold onto a lead.

"There has been [talk about this] to be honest," Leuluai said.

"We have been coming up with real fundamental errors, we were maybe pushing the pass a bit, but sometimes it's a dropped ball.

"Individuals have to make those plays, we've talked about it, but now we've got to start doing it."

The Titans have had four wins and three losses this season and a key factor in their victories has been the halves combination of Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer.

The 22-year-old Kelly has always been seen as a player of immense talent, but has struggled with off field issues. He was sacked by the Sharks early last year following a string of alcohol related incidents where the police were involved. He was then picked up and subsequently dumped by Newcastle for another alcohol fuelled incident where he smashed a light at a nightclub.

However, he has benefitted from being in a new environment in Queensland and is displaying the X-factor that makes him one of the most dangerous attacking players in the NRL, especially when partnered with the equally exciting Sezer.

"They have been doing well," said Leuluai. "They've have got some big forwards they're running off and support play is something we've talked about, with Kelly pushing off up the middle. So we have to be good around there and we're going to have to be right on our game."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sp ... /8629844/?