Re: Need to know somethig.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

God wrote:Dudson
Flower
LLoyd
Harris
Tomkins

Are all these players/Coach still being subsidised by the RFL after the collapse of the Crusaders, exept obviously Tomkins which was to warn off NRL/Kick and clap??

My first thinking is yes they are.
Were the Welsh players actually subsidised? I thought the RFL simply relaxed quota rules for the overseas contingent!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:Dudson
Flower
LLoyd
Harris
Tomkins

Are all these players/Coach still being subsidised by the RFL after the collapse of the Crusaders, exept obviously Tomkins which was to warn off NRL/Kick and clap??

My first thinking is yes they are.
I didn't think the Welsh players and Harris were subsidised.

There is a "New Talent" dispensation on the salary cap that will apply to Powell when he joins but I don't think that can apply to any of the Welsh RL lads except perhaps possibly Lloyd as the rest were already playing RL at SL level so could not be classed as "New Talent".

Not sure why we'd get a subsidy for Harris either. We just signed him as a coach as would would anyone else didn't we?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:Very good, just needed it clearing up. I just thought whoever took players/coaches on would get financial support from RFL.
It seems a relax in quota and salary cap was what the RFL offered.
As far as I can tell the only thing the RFL did was grant the players club trained status etc which made it easier for other clubs to sign the players.

I don't see anything to say the salary cap was relaxed or did I miss it?

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

No Dave.Don't think you missed it.Imo you have got it more or less spot on.Especially Harris my understanding of his employment is the same as yours.