New Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

New Players

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Latics need a player, Latics get Ormerod, Come on MO we need a hatfull of players get DW to cough up, lets get moving or the season will be over, before we get started.
Dawber

Re: New Players

Post by Dawber »

Well as far as i am aware we got the money for faz so why the hell arn't they getting the players in ?,
asap as far as i am concerned as long as it's not joynt, lmao
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Who is available?

We don't just want any rubbish, we'd be whinging like mad if he went out and blew it on someone young who we'd never heard of. He needs to choose carefully, look at some of the things we have missed this year which are bulk and experience and go out and find him. He must be out there somewhere, step forward o talented one.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

spot on mrs.lam the last thing we need is to blow a lot of cash on players who are no better than what we have
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

waterside glens posted:
spot on mrs.lam the last thing we need is to blow a lot of cash on players who are no better than what we have
waterside glens posted:
There was this big lad - Craig Smith I think his name was - we could have gone after. He would have done a job for us.

What bothers me from exile in London is that my "local" team can pull together a set of talented NRL pros, a number of whom (haumono, Hopkins, Leuluai, McLinden and Dorn for example) would enhance Wigan's team, and they manage that on a fraction of our budget. Frankly, if we had Tookey, Haumono and Hopkins, we would not be far off Leeds. :angry:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Who is available?

We don't just want any rubbish, we'd be whinging like mad if he went out and blew it on someone young who we'd never heard of. He needs to choose carefully, look at some of the things we have missed this year which are bulk and experience and go out and find him. He must be out there somewhere, step forward o talented one.
Totally agree MrsLam but when you consider your initial point it might come down to a case of any experienced player is better than no player.
mario

Post by mario »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Latics need a player, Latics get Ormerod, Come on MO we need a hatfull of players get DW to cough up, lets get moving or the season will be over, before we get started.
probibly paid for with the money for Faz!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

when people say to me who is available i always say everyone is available its just a matter of price! if you want the best player in the world like say andy farrell it is just a matter of how much it will take to get him!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

Well here in oz on the footy show last night it was said that shaun timmins is rumored to be on his way to wigan from st george at the end of the year, his connection is andrew farrar if its true thats great news for us as timmins is highly rated here !!! i know it does'nt solve our player crisis now but some thing for next year.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

excuse Mrs lam, did i say any old rubbish?,
if you have the money wich i believe we have why can't we tempt players to come to this great club? okay we have missed a few for reasons i don't understand but at the end of the day the club needs some more strength in depth and i do believe we can afford it. so come on mo do what you are supposed to do and make this club strong again ( and i do think it will only take a couple of players to complement what we already have )