Best Warriors match in the maguire/wane period

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Best Warriors match in the maguire/wane period

Post by Richymac »

Was just wondering what has been people's favourite game, moment or piece of tomkins magic. Was looking at the old YouTube videos and must say Farrell try vs saints Good Friday 2011 was outstanding loved it, just want to know everyone else's, could be a laugh
Kittwazzer

Re: Best Warriors match in the maguire/wane period

Post by Kittwazzer »

Richymac wrote:Was just wondering what has been people's favourite game, moment or piece of tomkins magic. Was looking at the old YouTube videos and must say Farrell try vs saints Good Friday 2011 was outstanding loved it, just want to know everyone else's, could be a laugh
Think I would go with that as well. Especially with it being on telly. You could watch frame by frame the exact seconds when the Saints fans hearts were ripped out. And Fat Prince Harry's apoplectic rant was priceless!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I think the Grand Final win over Saints has got to be the best match. Not because we thrashed them because we didn't but because we had them in our pocket for virtually the entire 80 mins IMO.

We just did 'em good and proper, clinical but with plenty of flair. James Graham knew they were beat well before the end of the match and try as he might I reckon he knew he was collecting a losers medal.

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I agree with DaveO about best match, the GF. My favourite moment though is either Joel's try at Wembley or Josh putting Hodgson on his a**e at Wire (CC QF?) for nearly a length of the field try. Faz's try is definitely up there.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
markill

Post by markill »

I think we're lucky that we've had quite a few good times. Obviously the finals - can't decide which was better. I think I had a better all around day for the Wembley one but as a match GF was better because we pretty much controlled the whole thing.

Other games I would pick out would be the cup 1/4 final against Saints, Magic last year, the last derby at KR and the first at langtree and the 50-8 away at Leeds last year and the away game at Wire in 2010 where Solomona had that try ruled out by video ref right near the end.

Best individual moment is possibly Joel's try at Wembley. I went nuts.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The victory at Wire when Sam chipped and chased to set up one try and Amos had that awesome stint with a try in this game amongst others.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What DaveO said
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What every one said :roll: :D
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What Josie said :cool: :lol: :wink:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I don't care who said what I agree with you all.Especially with DaveO the Grand Final for me was the game that had me salivating at the mouth.I was on holiday in spain at the time so it really made my holiday special. I could not get enough of seeing James Graham getting more and more frustrated as the game went on.Plus his cheap shot on Pat when he stood on the back of his heel. :D