Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by josie andrews »

WARRIORS have launched a daring bid to recruit Australian star Anthony Minichiello.

The former Kangaroos international has emerged as the Warriors’ No.1 choice to replace Sam Tomkins at the end of this season.

Their interest has stretched to making a formal offer, the Observer understands, and they are hoping to persuade him to finish his glittering career in Super League.

Tomkins’ move to New Zealand Warriors next season is thought to have been finalised.

But Wigan are believed to be delaying an announcement until his successor has been secured.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-5797268
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by josie andrews »

This made me laugh because I'm sure it was Kittwazzer who mentioned this about two weeks ago :roll:

Are we now helping the club by suggesting the players we would like/may/could need? :wink: :wink:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What's the matter with developing Lewis Tierney for this position of full back?

He is a similar age to what Sam was when he broke into the first team??

Minichiello has just turned 33 :(
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Yes this is the way to go Mr Lenagan let the kids go and sign old aussies. Good call. :eh:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:This made me laugh because I'm sure it was Kittwazzer who mentioned this about two weeks ago :roll:

Are we now helping the club by suggesting the players we would like/may/could need? :wink: :wink:
It was last Tuesday on the Feeder Club thread. I suggested an experienced Aussie as temp replacement until Tierney was fully ready. It was No Straw who suggested Minichielo. I bet that's where the Observer have picked it up from! :fuming:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I'd take him in a flash. A model pro who could help develop Tierney (still not convinced about him) and / or Hampshire. He's been playing superbly in the ARL this year, and would be a standout player here.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote:I'd take him in a flash. A model pro who could help develop Tierney (still not convinced about him) and / or Hampshire. He's been playing superbly in the ARL this year, and would be a standout player here.
But it was just a suggestion. Made by you. If this becomes true, I'd recommend you buy some Lottery tickets! :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:

Hope the Observer has just copied the spoiler from this site.

If it is true however, it really is one step forward and two back.

We didn't sign Stephan Ratchford, because Wire offered better terms, yet if we have offered Minichiello, who in the past has been a great player, the sort of money that could tempt him over, then Mr IL is losing it.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:

Hope the Observer has just copied the spoiler from this site.

If it is true however, it really is one step forward and two back.

We didn't sign Stephan Ratchford, because Wire offered better terms, yet if we have offered Minichiello, who in the past has been a great player, the sort of money that could tempt him over, then Mr IL is losing it.
He's getting upset now and claims all his stories are checked at source. I reckon most stories start on forums like this!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would not be averse to signing an experienced fullback. Tierney will be far better in 12 months time. The great pity is losing Sam.