Much better

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Much better

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
warrior till i die posted:
every single player on that pitch done the wigan shirt proud tonight. Who ever questions radlinskis abiity as our captain just needs to look at his performence in tonights game.
His ability as captain has been called into question because he hasn't been doing a very good job of it up to now.

Is any player beyond ctitisim because we put 60 odd past Leigh?
Dallas and Carney im glad to see that they both scored good tries.
The centres played well and vaealiki is a scoring machine. Steve Wild also got stuck in. I think Browny had a brilliant game at stand off and hes begining to make a stake for the shirt himself.
Not if he keeps tossing the ball to no one he won't. Did it again tonight. Did it in the last home game.

Godwin showed him how to do it. Made the break, looked for support and then passed the ball. Brown seems to think not looking and passing is the way to do it.

I thought Godwin was excellent myself. Tore Leigh apart at times with his running from dummy half.

We might have been slagging ML off for his buys player-wise but this one seems a very astute move.
I was sad to see Moran limping of as he started to come to life.
Yes ho got on the end of two nice passes with great support play. Lets hope he was taken off as a precaution.
All three props played brilliant again. SeuSeu throwing a dummy had me in fits and guisett is really proving to be an excellent signing. And scully his offloads payed off!!!! :D I think it is the best game tickle has had for us as he made alot of yards. Wayne Godwin played fantastic when he came on with his runs from dummy half. Terry Newton was a bit quiet but he was cheeky as always. And Sean O what more can i say. Who needs Faz when you have Lockers? And finally I thaught that was the best ref we have had this season. He was spot on.
I think the Leigh fans might disagree but they should have no complaints.

The best bit for me in terms of improvement was when Leigh had a couple of breaks down Wilds centre Betts subbed him for Aspy and that shut the door on that route. It actually looked like the coach knew what he was doing.

There was also some nice direct running from the forwards and as the game wore on the whole team got more and more confident. They looked tenatative to me in their passing in the first quarter, lacking a bit of confidence but a couple of tries sorted them out.

A good win and a help to the points difference but a terrible journey home. Thelwall down to one lane. took me an hour and 40 minutes after I dropeed my dad off normally takes about 50 minutes and it looked like three men having a brew in the middle lane!

Off on a Rugby tour this weekend so I can go off with a smile on the back of that win!

Dave
Can you ever post anything under 50 pages long? Have you never heard of the word concise?
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

jinkin jimmy posted:
chorleywarrior posted:
A good result,but don't get carried away,1 win and suddenly we are a great side again by the sounds of it,a gang of pensioners could have beat Leigh tonight!!!If there a Super League Team then I'm Ellery Hanley!
Will have a better idea just how good we are doing after next weekends games!
I know you lot on here will probably say I'm wrong because a win is a win,but personally I thought they made hard work of the 1st half yet again,and I was'nt on my own either!
Still giving silly penalties away,and at times the tackling is sloppy,still need to improve to turn over the Saints I think.
forget the cherry n white tinted glasses I agree with you.We beat NOTHING tonight. Moran had his worst game yet and it's definitely time to get rid of Sculthorpe
At last,someone who actually looked closely at the game rather than just the Scoreboard,I'm so glad you posted this otherwise the Cherry and White Clan would have been on my back for weeks,I've been thinking exactly the same for weeks,Sculthorpe is a big cart horse that just wants to fight with other players,and as for Moran his passing at times is pathetic!
Better watch out now for that barrage of posts from Mrs Lam/Carney!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

why are you to moaning? we won. It can be leigh or leeds i dont care its still two points in the table. At the end of the season if were above saints by two points youll be saying thank god we beat leigh.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

chorleywarrior posted:
At last,someone who actually looked closely at the game rather than just the Scoreboard,I'm so glad you posted this otherwise the Cherry and White Clan would have been on my back for weeks,I've been thinking exactly the same for weeks,Sculthorpe is a big cart horse that just wants to fight with other players,and as for Moran his passing at times is pathetic!
A very Sculthorpesque message there (with respect to wanting to start fights). I can see a bit of a division growing across the board!

Scully raises our game, there's nowt doubt about it, his ability to break tackles is better than any other prop we have. Seuseu started off a bit rusty and hasn't really picked up yet, I hope he does soon, he only managed to break (I think) one tackle last night, which as you pesimists will agree, isn't very good against a team like Leigh. Scully carries the ball extremely well and offloads whenever he can, we need to improve our supporting play so that we can make something of the chances he creates. I've just watched the NRL game and one of the major differences are the amount of phases they have compared to us, a lot of this is down to offloads and proper support.

As for getting rid of Sculthorpe, get real people, we've only one other proper prop in Seuseu, then a second row in Guisett who's playing prop, but he's doing a bloody good job at it!
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

robjoenz posted:
chorleywarrior posted:
A very Sculthorpesque message there (with respect to wanting to start fights). I can see a bit of a division growing across the board!

Scully raises our game, there's nowt doubt about it, his ability to break tackles is better than any other prop we have. Seuseu started off a bit rusty and hasn't really picked up yet, I hope he does soon, he only managed to break (I think) one tackle last night, which as you pesimists will agree, isn't very good against a team like Leigh. Scully carries the ball extremely well and offloads whenever he can, we need to improve our supporting play so that we can make something of the chances he creates. I've just watched the NRL game and one of the major differences are the amount of phases they have compared to us, a lot of this is down to offloads and proper support.

As for getting rid of Sculthorpe, get real people, we've only one other proper prop in Seuseu, then a second row in Guisett who's playing prop, but he's doing a bloody good job at it!
This is my final post on this topic as I'm fed up with trying to explain my opinion,some people see exactly what I'm talking about others can't see past there own cherry and white eyes,I have'nt said get rid of Scully I just think for a big guy at times he does'nt do enough on the field,thats my own personal opinion,all I'm simply saying is that although we won which of course is good result and confidence booster,watching the game closely at times we look a bit lost and don't know what to do!
Now against Leigh you will get away with it,but I just hope they don't think they can play like that again and beat Stains or Hull because quite simply you can't and that is FACT!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

chorleywarrior posted:
...I have'nt said get rid of Scully...
I know, that was jinkin jimmy
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

chorleywarrior posted:
This is my final post on this topic as I'm fed up with trying to explain my opinion,some people see exactly what I'm talking about others can't see past there own cherry and white eyes
I can see your opinion, I have agreed with some of the points you initially made, it's just myself and other people will have slightly different opinions, try not let that frustrate you.
chorleywarrior posted:
I have'nt said get rid of Scully I just think for a big guy at times he does'nt do enough on the field,thats my own personal opinion
I strongly disagree there, he adds something every time he comes on. Seuseu is playing without any real flair at the moment, something Scully brings, and he always gets the crowd going too. Occasionally he gets a bit too wound up but that adds to the aggression of his game, you can't take that away from him!
chorleywarrior posted:
Now against Leigh you will get away with it,but I just hope they don't think they can play like that again and beat Stains or Hull because quite simply you can't and that is FACT!!
In past weeks we have looked very lost but I didn't see that last night, we kept our heads for the full game, with the exception of their try which was disappointing we played solidly at the back and were good going forward. You can beat poor teams and play badly, last night we beat a poor side and played well. We exploited their weeknesses just the same as you exploit weaknesses in Leeds, Bradford or Saints, it's just that last night there were more weaknesses and hence a high score.

We make all those chances against Saints next week with the same stong defence and it will pay off. The score proably won't be as high but if we play like last night we'll beat them.[/quote]
mario

Post by mario »

Chorley Warrior, it's a good job we have one carthorse on the field with some fight in him!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Yes it was better tonight, and so it should have been, but it was against a very bad side, maybe the worst side ive ever seen in Super League. Il let you know my views on how we are playin after the easter period.
We are to light in the forwards, against Saints this will be highlighted repeatedly.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Give over being hypocritical. I, like you, am just stating MY opinions so quite obviously if I don't agree I will state it, this is a message board it's good to think different things.
If I think something though and don't agree with you, I'm not going to lie down and say "Oh yes I can see where you're coming from" because I clearly don't or that would be my opinion too.

I never once said "WOW LOOK AT THAT TEAM WE'RE GONNA WIN EVERYTHING" in fact in every single post on this thread, I have written "I know it's only Leigh" stating that strangley enough, I know it's only Leigh and therefore nowt to get too excited about however what I did also say was that there are a lot of positives and the effort was there, we didn't leave the scoreline at 10-0 or 20-0 we carried on going.

I'm not stupid, naive or new to the game in any way, I know Saints will not get beaten with a scoreline like that and that there will have to be even more effort going into this good friday match, hopefully it will be there.

Not much point in this message though since I'm not going to get a reply anyway. I don't understand people who say whats the point in giving my opinion if you don't understand it, get your opinion across by all means but I don't have to agree with it and if I don't I'll most likely make that clear. I have every right to.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!