Whelan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Whelan

Post by billyboy »

16/3 Whelan tells the Rah Rahs they have until the
18/3 to finalise Farrell deal "or I'll pull the rug". If he's still pulling it must be a b----y long rug. Or are they just telling him in a not to polite way to sod off? I think I know the answer to that one.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
MrsLam

Re: Whelan

Post by MrsLam »

But they have said he has gone to union, the only thing they were waiting for was which team he goes to.
Says here it should be completely over by this week.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( This deal was done ages ago, they have all been awaiting the end of the six nations. All of this garbage in the press is to placate us Wiganers untill the deed is done, next wait for the Carney deal to be announced, I'm betting Souths, probably already signed.

And possibly Radlinsky to RU at the end of the season.

Then what do we do ?
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

I've heard Brian could be off to Union. Hence the time wasting on his ankle. However, if this knee injury is bad that could put paid to that one. Will they wait for Faz and Carney!
Brian's Girl

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( This deal was done ages ago, they have all been awaiting the end of the six nations. All of this garbage in the press is to placate us Wiganers untill the deed is done, next wait for the Carney deal to be announced, I'm betting Souths, probably already signed.

And possibly Radlinsky to RU at the end of the season.

Then what do we do ?
Radlinski has been quoted as saying he will not be going to RU.

The linked article says the Farrell deal will be done "one way or the other" this week.

If he has already been sold to RU why on earth would Wigan not say anything? I can't believe Whelan would agree to a gagging clause form the RFU.

It is not done until it is done and while I am sure he will be off it still isn't concluded IMO.

Dave