state of the art training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cherryandwhitesforever

state of the art training

Post by Cherryandwhitesforever »

Never realised Wigan had such good training facilities until I saw this video of Sam on this anti-gravity treadmill. Although a bit confused as to what the main benefits of it are? Has anyone else used one recovering from an injury?

http://www.samtomkins.com/blog/intense- ... -training/

Aaron C. Rescue

Re: state of the art training

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Cherryandwhites​forever​ wrote:Never realised Wigan had such good training facilities until I saw this video of Sam on this anti-gravity treadmill. Although a bit confused as to what the main benefits of it are? Has anyone else used one recovering from an injury?

http://www.samtomkins.com/blog/intense- ... -training/

Just trying to 'keep his feet on (off) the ground' !!!
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I think it answers a few questions if he was fit or not to play v. Saints.

Quite a number were convinced he was just rested.

And if that is still inconclusive to one or two, that machine cost £35,000 according to Twitter !
markill

Post by markill »

I think it allows you to exercise without putting as much pressure on the leg joints...but I might be wrong, I'm no doctor! But it makes sense if he has knee problems
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

markill wrote:I think it allows you to exercise without putting as much pressure on the leg joints...but I might be wrong, I'm no doctor! But it makes sense if he has knee problems
Forgive my ignorance Mark,but when high profile players are transferred for a large fee,in RL does the purchasing club give the incoming player a medical?ala football
markill

Post by markill »

platt-warrior wrote:
markill wrote:I think it allows you to exercise without putting as much pressure on the leg joints...but I might be wrong, I'm no doctor! But it makes sense if he has knee problems
Forgive my ignorance Mark,but when high profile players are transferred for a large fee,in RL does the purchasing club give the incoming player a medical?ala football
I don't know, maybe someone better connected to the club would know? but I would assume so. There are so few money transfers and no Jim White's Transfer Deadline Day that you don't here about it so much.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

You would have thought that when taking on a seasoned player from OZ for example on a wage of eg £150.000pa due diligance must take place,but up til now I've never given it a thought.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

platt-warrior wrote:

Yes, they would be mad not too.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'