David Hodgson had an outstanding match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

David Hodgson had an outstanding match

Post by ian.birchall »

reported the Daily Telegraph on the Salford/Leeds game in Saturdays sport.
I've said it before and I will say it again, and again, we ruined him last season by bringing him back for the CC final after only 3 months out with his achilles injury.
That injury takes the best part of 12 months to heal, look at Vaelaeki for further proof, Dodgy, to me, never really was, he was always a better prospect than Aspinwall, he is an international player already, I cannot see Aspinwall ever being one, another case of the club offloading the wrong player.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jinkin jimmy

Re: David Hodgson had an outst...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Got to say I agree with this one though. I remember Lydon, Bell et al getting injuries and taking an entire season back in the team before hitting their top form again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodgson in a GB squad - maybe playing for Salford though would not promote his case
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Yes I agree, i can't bring myself to say to much on this subject, only.... we need a new coach, get rid of Doris and get some professionals in URGENTLY.
mrs_carney

Re: David Hodgson had an o...

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( Yes I agree, i can't bring myself to say to much on this subject, only.... we need a new coach, get rid of Doris and get some professionals in URGENTLY.
:eh: really?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

So hes had one good game and now he is GB international?

When he was injured I said at the time it was really bad luck as I was expecting a top season from him.

His slow recovery may well be what had him marked down as not as good as the other young players.

As to him and Aspwinall? I haven't been impressed with Aspy until the Leigh game. I don't know if anyone noticed but Leigh started to make raids down the Wigan leff in the second half, Aspy came on as a centre to replace Wilde as he tired and snuffed them out.

I think that is the first time Aspy has played centre this season and he needs more time in that slot if we are to judge him as he is a centre not a winger.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think playing aspi out of position is doing him no favours, we have seen colburn can cope with playing so why cant we give him more games, we're going to need him sooner or later
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mrs_carney posted:
I think playing aspi out of position is doing him no favours, we have seen colburn can cope with playing so why cant we give him more games, we're going to need him sooner or later
good point i too really like the look of colbon. this is one guy i would give more playing time too
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Well dallas and carney are going over the next couple of years so we're going to need some cover and why not do what we should and bring the youngsters through while we still have dallas and carney
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Last season everyone was saying how useless Hodgeson was, there was only a very small handful (myself included) that wanted him to stay. Now look at the contrast and we're saying we ought to have got rid of Aspinwall instead? I think we should have kept them both.

I agree DaveO, Aspinwall did snuff them out to good effect when he came on, it was probably that he also had a point to prove after (no doubt) getting into trouble with the boss after his kung-fu antics. I also thought he had a decent game against Bradford though, he and Wildy did well to keep Big Lesley under control and weren't the decisive tries over on Vaealiki and Dallas's side? I remember thinking Vaealiki had a very poor game in defence, leaving the line.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO, you are not paying attention. I was not saying that after 1 good game he is international standard, remember he already is, he played against the Aussies I think twice back 2/3 years ago.
Yes Aspinwall stopped the moves down Leighs left but did you notice that rather than get tired Wild came back on and moved into the second row and with him being that little bit nearer the opposition line he immediately made one scything run up the right centre position to set up a try.
Another case of playing the right men in the right positions even if by accident :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.