The Bulls fans disappear

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

The Bulls fans disappear

Post by ian.birchall »

at Odsal as well as not appearing at the JJB. I see the attendance there on Friday night against Hull was 2000 less than at Wigan v Leigh, (thanks by the way to the Leythers who turned up in large numbers).
Those of you who know your West Yorkshire topograpy might agree with me when I suggest that all the Pudsey/Bramley fans who flocked to Odsal when the Bulls were top dogs have now transhumanced back to Headingley now that the Whinoes are on top, fickle b*gg*rs :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: The Bulls fans disappear

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Fair go up to a point. They have still managed to keep enough of them to have crowds which are massively up on pre-SL years. I reckon they are bored rather than fickle...
we_need_a_coach

Re: The Bulls fans disappear

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( You should'nt start this one off at the moment, if our bad start to the season continues (you can't count beating Leigh as a new beginning, as suggested on WISH by Radlinski yesterday) ie if we lose to SH and the Bulls, you know what our supporters are like ! There will be a big drop in our attendances and then humble pie comes to mind.
mario

Re: The Bulls fans disappe...

Post by mario »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( You should'nt start this one off at the moment, if our bad start to the season continues (you can't count beating Leigh as a new beginning, as suggested on WISH by Radlinski yesterday) ie if we lose to SH and the Bulls, you know what our supporters are like ! There will be a big drop in our attendances and then humble pie comes to mind.
You'd think if the fans were going to stop watching Warriors they would have started with the Leigh game.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: I don't think so, open your eyes, it's probably the only chance this season of the hangers on seeing a big score in our favour, plus there was a big Leigh following, and there where some sat near me in the West Stand.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

wigan fans are loyal we follow are team through good times and bad. I think our attendances are the best in superleague.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

warrior till i die posted:
wigan fans are loyal we follow are team through good times and bad. I think our attendances are the best in superleague.
Well you are wrong - they're not. Leeds are higher that for sure, and I think Bradford and Hull are too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike posted:
warrior till i die posted:
Well you are wrong - they're not. Leeds are higher that for sure, and I think Bradford and Hull are too.
I don't think Hull are but even if they were those places are three cities and should be expected to be able to drag in the fans, especially if there is a whiff of success about.

I think we are seeing great crowds at the JJB. Higher than this time last season and we have only played one "big" team in Bradford.

If we were as fickle as some suggest them this years crowds should be down given the lack of success. Instead we make a record number of season ticket sales.

Hardley fickle fans and a great turnout v Leigh after a dire performance at London.

IMO the fans are doing their bit.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It in the past we have been known to have some fickle fans, for example, Bradford in the CC Semi-Final two years back when it was at Huddersfield. That was a very disappointing crowd on our part. This season though we took a decent crowd to Widnes, London and Wakefield, hopefully we'll have good support on Monday too.
hes84

Post by hes84 »

i would never ever be a bulls fan, even if the rhinos got relegated.i'm also unaware of anybody who has made the transition from bulls to rhinos since the bulls got crap.There's too strong a rivalry for that to happen.I don't think anybody could be that fickle!!!
Bring on sexy Carney!