SHOULD WE PAY FULL PRICE MONEY FOR A HALF PRICE TEAM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

SHOULD WE PAY FULL PRICE MONEY FOR A HALF PRICE TEAM

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Just thinking we pay full price and seem to watch a team that is not full strength... I accept we must rest players but come on its getting a bit of a joke....I can totally understand we want to win things but we also want to watch the best players we have on show. As I mention we are still paying full money and not getting a full team.

thegimble

Re: SHOULD WE PAY FULL PRICE MONEY FOR A HALF PRICE TEAM

Post by thegimble »

Maybe the fans should be on pay as we watch.

By that we can pick and chose our games up to 30 minutes before kick off and if you do not feel like watching a game season ticket holders would get the value of that game back.

After all some player either are allowed or the coach is picking their game for them.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

thegimble wrote:Maybe the fans should be on pay as we watch.

By that we can pick and chose our games up to 30 minutes before kick off and if you do not feel like watching a game season ticket holders would get the value of that game back.

After all some player either are allowed or the coach is picking their game for them.
thanks for that, I just think its time we watched Wigan at their best.. Im not keen on this pretending players are injured... The last time I looked I was an adult so I would like to be treated as one... Just come out with it and say we are resting players even thought it as gone silly now...

For you stats people...... How many games as Tomkins played this season against how many games we have played?

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan Watcher wrote:

thanks for that, I just think its time we watched Wigan at their best.. Im not keen on this pretending players are injured... The last time I looked I was an adult so I would like to be treated as one... Just come out with it and say we are resting players even thought it as gone silly now...

For you stats people...... How many games as Tomkins played this season against how many games we have played?
Sky said Sam hasn't played at home since 3rd May!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:

Thank you for that.. I would like to know how many games he as played this year, if anyone know please let us know

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan Watcher wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote: thanks for that, I just think its time we watched Wigan at their best.. Im not keen on this pretending players are injured... The last time I looked I was an adult so I would like to be treated as one... Just come out with it and say we are resting players even thought it as gone silly now...

Thank you for that.. I would like to know how many games he as played this year, if anyone know please let us know
According to Cherry & White, 20 in all competitions
markill

Post by markill »

Sam has played in 71% (20 of 28) of our games and we've won 92.5% of those games by my numbers. He has missed 8 and we've won 37.5% of those games.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:Sam has played in 71% (20 of 28) of our games and we've won 92.5% of those games by my numbers. He has missed 8 and we've won 37.5% of those games.
Can't wait to see the team we turn out to entertain those who are splashing out for a Catalan trip!
mario

Post by mario »

Resting players has become a joke, along with the league!
Why not skip straight to the plays offs, because the league is becoming like a series of friendlies, where the result doesn't matter.
The RFL need to make some real importance on position and moving back to only five in the play offs would do this.
You don't need to pay full price to watch, it was on TV!

Don't pay good money to watch a game that Wigan don't care if they win or lose.
Friday should have been a showcase, it was a good game despite, but wasn't a true contest, but as long as fans keep paying to see games that are seen as worthless, then wigan will continue to field a weak team.
Pick your games, rather than get a season ticket and use the money you save to watch the challenge cup and play off games, when you know we won't be throwing the games.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

mario wrote:Resting players has become a joke, along with the league!
Why not skip straight to the plays offs, because the league is becoming like a series of friendlies, where the result doesn't matter.
The RFL need to make some real importance on position and moving back to only five in the play offs would do this.
You don't need to pay full price to watch, it was on TV!

Don't pay good money to watch a game that Wigan don't care if they win or lose.
Friday should have been a showcase, it was a good game despite, but wasn't a true contest, but as long as fans keep paying to see games that are seen as worthless, then wigan will continue to field a weak team.
Pick your games, rather than get a season ticket and use the money you save to watch the challenge cup and play off games, when you know we won't be throwing the games.
Exactly, the present top eight format is to blame as it allows clubs to treat supporters in this cavalier way. With the top five clubs have to play their strongest teams as much as possible, barring genuine injuries and suspensions.

How can you get more intensity in the game if you are making it easier for clubs to rotate their squads and at times field weaker teams.