John Hopoate

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: John Hopoate

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

mrs_carney posted:
I wouldnt disagree with him, i told him i thought southport was closer to st helens than wigan and he went and found out but sadly for him i was right hehe
SO THATS WHY HE SPRINTED OFF TO CUMBRIA THEN!

:) :) :) :)
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

:eh:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

I'm not surprised to see Dave still has a problem with Jamie. I don't think he'll get over it any time soon either.

There's a lot to the story but i'll try and cut it right down. Jamie was brought to Parra by Noel Cleal who he lived with and was our recruitment manager at the time and is now with Manly.

Last year Jamie and his girlfriend went through some very sad personal problems and the Eels gave Jamie time off to go back to the farm and be with his family. All his mates at the Eels were very supportive and the club gave him basically whatever he needed. They didn't put a date on his return just telling him to come back when he was ready.

Then Jamie decided to quit football to go back to the country life without so much as talking to his mates or the club about it. The Eels found out through an article about it. However, they were still pretty supportive saying they understood but Parra still had to pay out his contract for games he wasn't playing and he classed under the salary cap so we couldn't buy anyone to replace him, which left the rest of the team without a real centre as we had a lot of injuries.

Next thing you know Jamie shows up at a Manly game in one of their jerseys and he is seen having a friendly chat with Cleal. His Eels teammates felt pretty betrayed at this point but then Lyon asks the club to release him from his contract so he could play with Wee Waa but he still wanted to be paid by the Eels. Parra made arrangements so he could play for Wee Waa but not in the NRL and Jamie blew up about it because it turns out he wanted to play for Manly.

After his teammates at Parra had been so supportive of Jamie wanting to go back to the bush they felt betrayed and pretty damn angry once they found out about his plans to play for Manly. Even Jamie's manager said he was fed up with him.

When Jamie announced he was going to play with St Helens (doubt there's many pigs, or bush, over there) i think it was just the final nail in the coffin. Parra allowed him to go over there but still kept a clause in the release saying that if he was to come back to the NRL he is under the control of the Eels until his contract is up.

Dave was a very close friend of Jamie's and the fact that he not only walked out on the team but also lied to them about his reasons pretty much destroyed their (among others) friendship.

Hopefully that kind of explains the hard feelings of everyone towards Jamie.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

warrior till i die posted:
ye he was hid in a bush wasnt he oooooooo vaealikis girl did u read the other posts about him getting heat stroke in the uk? It must be cold in aussie land if he gets heat stroke here :)
Yeah i did read about the heatstroke and i found it very very funny :lol: I suppose that's a bit mean but c'mon heatstroke over there where it's only just 18 degrees when he used to play in almost 40 degree heat over here. It's a little bit sus if you ask me.

There's quite an amusing little piece about it in our Rugby League Week this week actually.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
warrior till i die posted:
ye he was hid in a bush wasnt he oooooooo vaealikis girl did u read the other posts about him getting heat stroke in the uk? It must be cold in aussie land if he gets heat stroke here :)
Yeah i did read about the heatstroke and i found it very very funny :lol: I suppose that's a bit mean but c'mon heatstroke over there where it's only just 18 degrees when he used to play in almost 40 degree heat over here. It's a little bit sus if you ask me.

There's quite an amusing little piece about it in our Rugby League Week this week actually.
18 degrees bloody hell that summer for us were still in spring.

Lyon sounds like a real prat. How long do you think before he walks out on the Saints are you running a book on it down under.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Lyon sounds like he fits in well with the st helens way of life
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

thegimble posted:
Lyon sounds like a real prat. How long do you think before he walks out on the Saints are you running a book on it down under.
You'd be surprised how many people have bets on when he'll do a runner on the Saints. Heard he wasn't enjoying it over there, do you think he just realised there's a shortage on pigs to hunt?

I think you'll find he'll stick it out over there until his contract is up. Only for the reason that if he was to come back he could only come back to Parra, where they'd chuck him in their lowest grade if he was lucky, or not play at all.

My guess is he'll see out his contract until he can return to play with Manly with good old 'Crusher' Cleal.
heydude

Post by heydude »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
thegimble posted:
You'd be surprised how many people have bets on when he'll do a runner on the Saints. Heard he wasn't enjoying it over there, do you think he just realised there's a shortage on pigs to hunt?

I think you'll find he'll stick it out over there until his contract is up. Only for the reason that if he was to come back he could only come back to Parra, where they'd chuck him in their lowest grade if he was lucky, or not play at all.

My guess is he'll see out his contract until he can return to play with Manly with good old 'Crusher' Cleal.
trust me vaealikis girl there are alot of pigs in st helens i know i've seen them (hehehehe)
don't eat yellow snow
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Thanks again for all that info, VG, we really do appreciate it!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Nexus night club is full of them, every friday and saturday.

:D :D :D :D
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE