WIGAN v saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: WIGAN v saints

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Not being negative, a realist maybe, when the coaching staff, players and most of all management give me more reason, then I will be more positive, I'll support the lads on the night, but I will have my say on here or any other platform, someone has to !!!!!!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I am behind the team and hope they win but this doesn't mean I have to think we are unbeatable. The fact is we have not performed to the expected level this season so far, as Betts has acknowledged. We are all aware of the mitigating circumstances but results are what matters and we aren't getting them IMO. Our standard of play, levels of fitness at the start of the season, Farrell, Davico and injuries, etc have left us in the situation where to finish about 4th would be an achievement. Just because some of us view our situation realistically doesn't make us less of a supporter.

Are we capable of beating Saints? Certainly.

If we play to our current standard will we beat Saints? Certainly not.
we_need_a_coach

:angry: Sorry, but I'm not into mitigating circumstances. The club have known about Farrell for months, Davico was predictable, Carney is just injury prone, as is Orr, so that just leaves Hock.
No Doris and Betts just hav'nt done the business, and its left us with no options, no money and no chance !!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Sorry, but I'm not into mitigating circumstances. The club have known about Farrell for months, Davico was predictable, Carney is just injury prone, as is Orr, so that just leaves Hock.
No Doris and Betts just hav'nt done the business, and its left us with no options, no money and no chance !!!!!
I'm going to stop reading you - you're beginning to convince me!!!
we_need_a_coach

:( Thats because it's true, I've been around to long, there is definitely a pattern emerging, thro last season and into this one, bad management, under funding, strange decsisions, both on and off the pitch, I just think we should be seeing more action from the men at the top (Doris) !!!!
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

considering how well the ticket sales are going was it a GOOD pr to GIVE so many free tickets which could have been SOLD to generate badly needed money.I do not think this is a DAVE WHELLAN idea,how many tickets are really BOUGHT.but it will LOOK good on the TELEVISION :blush: :(
we_need_a_coach

:angry: It will look awfull if we get well and truly stuffed, because the way we are being managed at the moment it could happen, perhaps then Doris will be stung into action, but then again !
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

The odds according to tote sport

Wigan V St Helens
25.03.2005 12:30

2/1
Wigan Warriors

20/1
Draw

4/11
St Helens

Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
we_need_a_coach

:angry: Well that says it all, when can anybody remember us being such long odds at the JJB, I'm telling you, the writing is on the wall.

I hope we prove the odds wrong, but I'm not holding my breath, this could be a very long holiday weekend.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

WiganWarrior posted:
The odds according to tote sport

Wigan V St Helens
25.03.2005 12:30

2/1
Wigan Warriors

20/1
Draw

4/11
St Helens

We all know that wigan love being the underdogs. There about the same odds as the cc final in 2002 and who ended up triumphing that day??????? If we beat saints tomorrow youll all be shocked. Well I and a few others on here wont be.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!