Games live at SS bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

Games live at SS bar

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Ignoring todays result which will be forgotten if we win at Wembley. I think todays idea of showing the catalan game live at the SS bar was a very good idea.

Is there anything to stop us showing all away games in that manner. Especially games not on sky.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game with fellow partisan supporters.
I understand today was probably put on due to nowhere else showing the game but i thought it was a great atmosphere and I would definitely go again for other games.

Thoughts?

Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
cpwigan

Re: Games live at SS bar

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think SKY would be keen unless the clubs paid a silly not viable economically fee to do so.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Gizmo_Edwards wrote:Ignoring todays result which will be forgotten if we win at Wembley. I think todays idea of showing the catalan game live at the SS bar was a very good idea.

Is there anything to stop us showing all away games in that manner. Especially games not on sky.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game with fellow partisan supporters.
I understand today was probably put on due to nowhere else showing the game but i thought it was a great atmosphere and I would definitely go again for other games.

Thoughts?

I agree it was good way to watch the game and hope it can be dine more often. The only thing I didn't think was the fact that we were told the doors opened at 4.30 pm yet we got dropped off at 4.20,pm and it was full and all the tables were taken and most of the seats were as well.
TSB

Post by TSB »

Bought my tickets went to venue for 4.30 and could not get a seat got a Taxi to the Bell Air on wigan Lane had a great time, better prices great atmosphere ans seats6no large screens. AND WAS COOLER.